Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

In other news, I finally made the jump from WMP10 to WMP11. I'm a notoriously late-adopter of new technology. :P

Ugh. I haven't used WiMPy in years. iTunes FTW!! :-)

VLC FTW! Have you seen the myriad of filetypes it supports? [*]

But if you want a media player that prefers power over compatibility, I once again point out Songbird. By default, it has a UI very similar to iTunes, but you can download extra "Feathers" to give the UI a twist. And we can't forget the fact that packs a Firefox-based web browser in there 8)

I just use Windows Media Player, personally. It meets all my needs, hooks up to FoxyTunes (a Firefox plugin that lets you control your music player straight from Firefox)...

foxyplayers.png

FoxyTunes hooks up to a lot more than just WiMP. :P

Good man! Can I assume you possess MediaMonkey, CMD?

Although, your icon represents the 2.0 series, might I be so bold to ask you to upgrade to 3.0? Even if you do not use it, usually having the latest version of any software is very satisfying, if advantageous.

Or, have you not got MediaMonkey and your screenshot shows the available options to FoxyTunes?

Or, have you not got MediaMonkey and your screenshot shows the available options to FoxyTunes?

Bingo! FoxyTunes likes to show off all the media players it supports, which is why you see lesser-known programs like Pandora and wxMusic on the list :)

On a slightly different subject, I'm still yet to get VLC to work with FoxyTunes. It just doesn't want to work!

I'm afraid I've never used Media Monkey - it's simply one of FoxyTunes' options.

Sorry there. ;)

Bingo! FoxyTunes likes to show off all the media players it supports, which is why you see lesser-known programs like Pandora and wxMusic on the list :)
It's fine, I'm okay to cry myself to sleep.

Y'all should get some cough drops.

Oh, and until Songbird can buy music and TV shows off of iTunes Music Store, I think I'll stick with iTunes. :-)

And it's never tried to bloat me with Safari...then again, I already have it for web dev...

Anyone know of a good free place to make a gallery for my stuff, like a free website hosting... thing o_O. It would be really cool if they let you design your own page so I can get into web design ;)

tia

Nope, none that I can think of. Your best bet is to set up a Photobucket account and a Zymic account. From there start using Zymic to code your own gallery. If you want some basic tips on cool tools for your gallery, then I recommend jQuery and Lightbox. I am designing a gallery and the two of them go good together.

I just use Windows Media Player, personally. It meets all my needs, hooks up to FoxyTunes (a Firefox plugin that lets you control your music player straight from Firefox)...

th_foxyplayers.png

FoxyTunes hooks up to a lot more than just WiMP. :P

Wow... That list got so much bigger than it was when I last saw it! I mean, sure, FT has updated like eight times, but I thought it was some insignificant thing...

I used Pandora (Free internet radio) for a long time... That was before I got a ton of music, and could just listen to my collection in WMP.

I'm deleting 300 files in my Recycle Bin (I could do that in 2 mins aprox) but it's gonna take me at least 20 mins since I'm deleting the contents of my Recycle Bin, NSA style! 8) NSA method of deletion . . .

EDIT:

It took much quicker than I thought, here are the statistics:

CLEANING COMPLETE - (326.502 secs)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1,906.7MB removed.
Secure file deletion enabled - NSA (7 passes)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of files deleted
Emptied Recycle Bin (361 files) 1,906.7MB

NSA as in National Security Agency? :?

Yes . . . . (I think)

When deleting, I have the following deletion methods:

Simple Overwite (1 pass)

DOD 5220.22-M (3 passes)

NSA (7 passes)

Gutmann (35 passes)

Anyone know of a good free place to make a gallery for my stuff, like a free website hosting... thing o_O. It would be really cool if they let you design your own page so I can get into web design ;)

tia

110mb.com all the way! You'll get 5GB storage space, 300GB bandwidth, *almost* total control over anything that gets into the site, servers with 99% uptime, and a friendly support forum. Oh, and ads are optional.

EDIT@vista: Don't forget that you can press Shift+Delete to bypass the Recycle Bin! Shift+Delete is the ultimate tool for removing stuff you never want to see again 8)

EDIT@vista: Don't forget that you can press Shift+Delete to bypass the Recycle Bin! Shift+Delete is the ultimate tool for removing stuff you never want to see again 8)

I think I'll stick to my NSA method instead . . . (Although I might try the Gutmann method as well) :D

NSA = National Shipping Authority? National Student Association? National Softball Association? National Society of Accountants? National Scrabble Association?

:D

By the way, I'm working on a new cursor pack. It's just a matter of sketching ideas for new design concepts in Inkscape and redoing it until the cursor looks usable.

110mb.com all the way! You'll get 5GB storage space, 300GB bandwidth, *almost* total control over anything that gets into the site, servers with 99% uptime, and a friendly support forum. Oh, and ads are optional.

They have very strict guidelines, though. And AFAIK you are only allowed to host three websites - zymic lets you host five.

NSA = National Shipping Authority? National Student Association? National Softball Association? National Society of Accountants? National Scrabble Association?

:D

By the way, I'm working on a new cursor pack. It's just a matter of sketching ideas for new design concepts in Inkscape and redoing it until the cursor looks usable.

National Security Agency :D

Hmm, that reminds me... *empties recycle bin*

I've neglected to do that for the past few months...

It's a great day outside! I just finished raking a leaf pile the size of my house into the woods.. :roll: :exhausted:

I dare not ask what you're deleting that is of such sensitivity. I'm assuming it won't be banking details.

Perhaps you're writing a novel, or maybe your waste PDN files might cause a riot amidst the art community if ever found?

I dare not ask what you're deleting that is of such sensitivity. I'm assuming it won't be banking details.

Perhaps you're writing a novel, or maybe your waste PDN files might cause a riot amidst the art community if ever found?

It's just normal stuff if you know what I mean, nothing secret, nothing confidential and certainly nothing that the CIA would want to get their hands on. :D

I think I'll stick to my NSA method instead . . . (Although I might try the Gutmann method as well) :D

Do not use too often or will kill you HDD faster.

vista?:

The CIA, no. The NSA... well, they already have anything you've sent electronically:

The National Security Agency's Echelon Network surveillance “towers” in Great Britain and the U.S. known to the world’s intelligence elite as “radomes” ... [capture] billions of the world's telephone conversations, e-mails, Internet downloads, satellite transmissions, and faxes.

The messages culled each day are searched by supercomputers housed at the Fort Meade Army compound near Chesapeake Bay, where they are scanned by electronic “dictionaries” that capture key words that have been programmed for top-secret review and action. These millions of messages are read in real time as they pour into the station, hour after hour, day after day...

I figured it all fit into your NSA-style deletion conversation you have on the go.

I've only just become aware of this, but the above is bound to feed sabrown's paranioa of the World's governments. I am so sorry.