Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

In other news, I finally made the jump from WMP10 to WMP11. I'm a notoriously late-adopter of new technology. :P

I did it a few days ago - good luck on getting used to it. :)

In other news, I finally made the jump from WMP10 to WMP11. I'm a notoriously late-adopter of new technology. :P

Ugh. I haven't used WiMPy in years. iTunes FTW!! :-)

I actually found iTunes slightly confusing...it's really that I'm too lazy to give it a serious shot. But I have found it works better at figuring out what the tracks are. :)

Yeah, iTunes is very robust and easy to use, I've found. The UI is very well thought out. Plus, it fits the way I work. :-)

Best thing Apple ever did. :-)

iTunes always lagged my computer, and I never liked the skin. WMP was okay, but bulky and slow. I use winamp mainly because it's simple and I found the sexiest skin on Earth for it: White Spirit from dA.

iTunes has never lagged my computer...And I'm not big on skins. :-) So, yeah. I like it.

I don't see why. Skins = more personal.

Yeah, but I get used to the program in its default state. *shrug* For some reason, most skins don't seem to have been thought through as well as the standard UI.

I dont like any of those bloated music players so I use this little program called billy player cause it takes up almost no resources at all and i can control it with hotkeys while it sits in the notification area of my taskbar :D

You have to admit this looks pretty darn good though http://i27.tinypic.com/2hykyva.jpg

The player window looks great, but I've never been a fan of the multi-window UI (sounds hypocritical coming from a GIMP user, no? ;) ). I love the new default Bento skin for WinAMP, though.

Still, iTunes is my player of choice for now. Once Songbird is out of Beta, though, I'll be switching over. Right now, their track metadata editor doesn't write back to the track, it just replaces it in the local database, and that's not what I want. Also, there's a little lag between track switching, and some of the extensions don't load some of the time. So, basically, it's Beta software that acts like Beta software, but it'll be awesome once it's done. :D

I've always used iTunes... It's what I started with. It is excellence.

I have been using songbird lately. I'm not very demanding of music programs at home, so I can put up with beta-ness. ;)

Something wrong with the curves adjustment?

Looks more like a straight line adjustment than a curves adjustment.

Something wrong with the curves adjustment?

I couldn't find a way to automate it - so I had to manipulate the pixels myself. When I type into VS "CurvesEffect." intellisense doesn't come up.

IMO, iTunes is bloated and too...uh...proprietary-ish.

Amen, and now when you update it, it installs Safari, of all things! :retchingandthrowingup:

I hate iTunes. Basic functions are so difficult to accomplish. I have no problem just using my old CDs for my music.

As for how I play my music, I do it old fashioned. Put the music on my Creative Zen VIsion: M and plug it into my Bose speakers. Great sounds, good playback.

I just use Windows Media Player, personally. It meets all my needs, hooks up to FoxyTunes (a Firefox plugin that lets you control your music player straight from Firefox). It looks cool, too--The new version is night and day with earlier ones. Better looking, sleeker, and it rips, syncs, and burns amazingly faster than old ones. It even has some cheap-o music buying thing, that I think is fueled by MTV, it's called Urge... And the visualizations, when you go to Battery>Randomization, are stunning. They match the music very well.

Okay, I made a few new signatures recently, nothing big, but they look pretty good. I can't decide between them, so I want you guys to help me... Here's the first one:

Livewrong811Signature3.png

I did a lot of random things to a field of fire, and then I cut it into a signature size, put text on, and turned it to Overlay.

Livewrong811Signature4.png

Livewrong811Signature5.png

These are almost the same thing, except for the backgrounds, obviously, and a slight line color change. They were supposed to look like the slightly generic "tech" background, and ended up looking like a printed circuit. I'd like both your feedback and your opinion on which one I should use as my signature.