Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

In other news, I've removed my sig & avatar.

May I ask why?

I have no idea why - I just felt like it. I was getting bored of my rubbish sig & avatar.

Off-topic: Does anyone here know how on earth you use ViOrb? Because I ran the .exe file, thinking it was the installer, and now my start button's gone! The start menu still works, but it's annoying.

Off-topic: Does anyone here know how on earth you use ViOrb? Because I ran the .exe file, thinking it was the installer, and now my start button's gone! The start menu still works, but it's annoying.

ViOrb is a standalone app, it replaces your start button with the Vista Orb. To exit, right click and select exit from the ViOrb logo located in the taskbar near the time thingy.

Can you still access it via the Windows key on your keyboard?

Have you unistalled the application to see if it returns?

No, I mean, I have NO start button now!! No XP one, and no Vista Orb! But, thanks for the info.

Log off using Task Manager and then log back in, that should fix your problem.

OK, thanks. Although, how do I actually configure ViOrb?

You can't actually configure it and besides, you shouldn't have to anyway.

EDIT: Also, hopefully, I may be upgrading to Internet Explorer 7 within the end of this week but - I still need to be sure RM Easylink works on IE 7 - I need to give it a full test. But as I said, whose IE7 am I supposed to do that on? :twisted:

You could try Firefox or Opera, as they wouldn't override IE6 as IE7 would. You'd still have IE6 for your RM EasyLink, and a better browser for general use. Plus, they're better than IE7 :P.

No, not another debate starter.

You could try Firefox or Opera, as they wouldn't override IE6 as IE7 would. You'd still have IE6 for your RM EasyLink, and a better browser for general use. Plus, they're better than IE7 :P.

No, not another debate starter.

Opera sucks on my PC and RM Easylink doesn't work on Firefox at all. :cry:

IE Tab. Remember the screenshot I showed when you asked at the time? Yes it was from IE7, but it also worked with IE Tab on Firefox, too.

IE Tab. Remember the screenshot I showed when you asked at the time? Yes it was from IE7, but it also worked with IE Tab on Firefox, too.

Yes, I know what you mean about the screenshot but once I login, will I able to acess the RM Easylink homepage and even if that happens will I be able to view my Home Directory and Learning Resources successfully?

With IE Tab, it works, but when you need to go on to Home Directory, this happens: (see screenshot)

2zdvh8x.png

It's still partially using IE for the Home Directory - look at the text on the titlebar (Easylink uses Web Folder technology from Microsoft)

**just have a look at my home directory** :D

I'll have to take your word for it, that means little to me not being familiar with the normal look and operation of the software.

I say, if IE Tab works for you, keep on using Firefox, or FF and IE6 simultaneously. Though I am riddled with bias.

I'll have to take your word for it, that means little to me not being familiar with the normal look and operation of the software.

I say, if IE Tab works for you, keep on using Firefox, or FF and IE6 simultaneously. Though I am riddled with bias.

If you type in "easylink ie7", there's so much stuff but it's so confusing. I'll have to a closer look on Google.

Anyway, to those of you who are curious, the .des files are PRODesktop and so is the .alb.

The project VFD is nothing related to VFD from ASOUE (it is merely a codename) :roll: and as for the aero cursors, well, guess that out yourself . . . :wink:

Anyway, to those of you who are curious, the .des files are PRODesktop and so is the .alb.
I use ProDesktop 8.0. It's a pain in the rear-end at times, but used it for many 3D projects, including the Custard Cream.

sabrown: you would still need login details to access it, I believe.

I mean the fact that he has just revealed his location.
Oh, right.

We all make mistakes in life, that might be one of his.

-----

CMD = :shock: :wink: