The <off topic> thread

Anyone know meaning of dreams here. I had a nightmare that got me out of bed at 7:30 when I really did not want to get up untill 8:30. Dreaming is something I don't really do when I am a sleep. Well not that I can remember anyway.

So I am in the woods and there lots of snow. I am walking into what looks like a camp with tents made of fur and I have fur on as well. I am looking at blood and a body torn apart over by one tent. Then there a man with a black beard and in fur telling me about the dead man being attack by huge white wolfs. No joke my dream flashs like that. Another flash and I see a group of white wolves running through the woods. Another flash and now I am by a tree next to another body that tron apart and the same man is telling me that the wolfs like to take you when there no one else around. He starts to walk away out of my sight. As I turn to look over by the tree again there this big white wolf with teeth way to big for a wolf and he jump right at my neck. That be the end of the dream.

Now I don't know about anyone else but I have seen coyotes and wolves before. I live on an Island in an area that is mostly woods. There are inuit people living here and I am guessing that they were the people I was seeing at the camp.

The only reason this dream bugs me is because I have had dreams of things that would scare the day lights out of you and have never been scare of it. I mean things that are not even real. I also like wolves and I don't find them scary but in this dream I did.

Other then that today has be a good day so far. It nice out and I think I may go for a night walk later on, I got flirted with by a really hot chick on my way to college. Showed up and found out I got a 90 in WP and it would seem my class in Novell was canceled. Got some work done around the house as well and am now going to play a few games.

In the mean time I found a video of this dad scaring his kid and found it cute as she trys to play it of.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/790504/girl_scare_prank/

To save myself from giving you the wrong advice, just go to your local bookstore and give one of their dream books a read. There's tons of them. I've studied lucid dreaming and the like and the meanings can be really accurate.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

I like dreaming, but only day-dreaming. At night, while I may talk to Emelia, I will forget it in the morning. However, with day-dreaming, I just slip in and out of the dreaming state of conciousness whenever I want to, and I can actually remember what she says.

However, I am no good with dream advice, so I won't give you any.

I like both types of dreaming. Night-dreaming gives you a good, and often entertaining way of passing the hours of your unconsciousness, and day-dreaming gives you a good, and often entertaining way of passing the hours of your formal, state-run education! :D It's a win-win situation!

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

I take it no one looked at the video :P.

I have tryed to re-make areas of one of my dreams before in a level for CoD. Only problem was I could not remember it all and as time went by I forgot more and more of it.

Talking about making levels, I think tomorrow I'm going to start making my own version of an Omega Journey, which if you have played on Halo before, you'll know it's an Infection map where you'll go through a linear path with tons of obstacles in the way, stopping the zombies from getting through.

Alright. So, I was talking with a web-programmer friend of mine, and we were chatting about the Blog system I wrote when I mentioned the spam attack I came under last week. He then started telling me about the system he uses, a randomly-generated math addition equation, saying that when he did the research, there weren't any spam bots that did math. I said I was thinking of looking into implementing some form of Captcha for users posting from a previously know spammer IP address but not posting a previously know spam website, since they were either a bot who wouldn't be able to pass it or simply not the spammer, and I would be interested in using his system. He explained the system to me, then said "...double check on that 'spam doing math' thing though..." as a caution.

Well, I got a mental picture in my head, and I just had to get it out:

spamcantdomath.jpg

Enjoy. ;)

Made in Paint.NET with GIS for the Spam can, pencil, and lined paper.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I said I was thinking of looking into implementing some form of Captcha

Doesn't the British library provide a free Captcha for people to use that asks the user to enter two words to also help them decode printed letters in books OCR won't work with?

CMD isn't British.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Go to my forums!

Guest posting is welcome!

Come one come all! Come join the fight! ↓↓↓

wallpapersignaturezs5.png

Firefox is the best! So is Relient K!

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!

Doesn't the British library provide a free Captcha for people to use that asks the user to enter two words to also help them decode printed letters in books OCR won't work with?

I dunno, I haven't checked into it. I don't really care for the traditional Captcha methods, as sometimes, in an effort to make sure no machine can read them, it makes it almost impossible for humans to read them as well. Something like the solution my friend mentioned would probably be strong enough for a blog as tiny as mine, and it wouldn't be too difficult for posters to answer.

You've gotta put that up on dA. :D

Done and done. ;)

http://tebgdoran.deviantart.com/art/SPA ... h-82186210

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Maybe moving flash animations? 3 letters, moving around. Nothing can "read" a flash file, and moving will disallow interpreting the images by means of comparing them to the alphabet in different fonts.

I dunno, I haven't checked into it. I don't really care for the traditional Captcha methods, as sometimes, in an effort to make sure no machine can read them, it makes it almost impossible for humans to read them as well. Something like the solution my friend mentioned would probably be strong enough for a blog as tiny as mine, and it wouldn't be too difficult for posters to answer.

Here is one I like: http://research.microsoft.com/asirra/

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

MIX_M@N, I know you're smart enough not to get your self banned.

According to my calculations it would take only 144 tries for a bot to crack.

I'm glad you're not my math teacher.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

According to my calculations it would take only 144 tries for a bot to crack.

Nuhuh. 2^12 = 4096.

So a bot has a 1 in 4096 chance of making it past, and that's assuming the bot even knows what it's supposed to do on it.

Seems like a fairly effective filter to me.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Sorry! :oops: That won't happen again. :oops:

:oops:

wallpapersignaturezs5.png

Firefox is the best! So is Relient K!

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!