The <off topic> thread

I didn't know you'd join my forums...

You don't have to PM me...

wallpapersignaturezs5.png

Firefox is the best! So is Relient K!

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!

Firstly, most of the advice I give I learned from http://www.communityspark.com, so in an ideal situation you would read all of that - but I don't expect you to.

Firstly, you need to understand that starting a forum is hard work but here are some basic instructions:

Make sure your forum has a niche - or at least something to make it stand out from the crowd. It must offer something other forums don't - and this must be visible to users.

Create multiple accounts to get a discussion going - you can use the "Change Poster" feature so that you don't have to keep logging in/out. Start posting some of your own tutorials/artwork right away and use multiple accounts to post with contradictory viewpoints. Users aren't going to post in an empty forum - similarly you should have plenty of content to ensure your users stick around.

You should have a user introductions thread or forum ready for new users to post in. But if they register and don't seem to post - don't wait for them to do so. Post in your thread/forum sub-forum, welcoming them - and when they reply, ask questions (preferably relating to your forum's subject-matter) to get a discussion going. If a user posts - don't let it go unreplied - if a user feels ignored they will leave.

These are some brief details - I may post more later.

KaHuc.png

Thanks!

Those are great ideas!

*Creates another account on his forums*

Cool! :D

wallpapersignaturezs5.png

Firefox is the best! So is Relient K!

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!

Misquote!

On a completely different note, is anyone else seeing the New Post icon for the Plugins forum, but not actually having any new posts there to view?

That could happen if a mod moves an unread thread out of that forum.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

Error message Haikus:

Three things are certain:

Death, taxes, and lost data.

Guess which has occurred.

Everything is gone;

Your life's work has been destroyed.

Squeeze trigger (yes/no)?

Windows XP crashed.

I am the Blue Screen of Death.

No one hears your screams.

Printer not ready.

Could be a fatal error.

Have a pen handy?

A file that big?

It might be very useful.

But now it is gone.

Errors have occurred.

We won't tell you where or why.

Lazy programmers.

Login incorrect.

Only perfect spellers may

enter this system.

Wind catches lily

Scatt'ring petals to the wind:

Segmentation fault

Stay the patient course

Of little worth is your ire

The network is down

Yesterday it worked

Today it is not working

Windows is like that

To have no errors

Would be life without meaning

No struggle, no joy

You step in the stream,

but the water has moved on.

This page is not here.

No keyboard present

Hit F1 to continue

Zen engineering?

Out of memory.

We wish to hold the whole sky,

But we never will.

Having been erased,

The document you're seeking

Must now be redone.

Rather than a beep

Or a rude error message,

These words: "File not found."

Serious error.

All shortcuts have disappeared

Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Misquote!

On a completely different note, is anyone else seeing the New Post icon for the Plugins forum, but not actually having any new posts there to view?

That could happen if a mod moves an unread thread out of that forum.

I get that on threads, and it doesn't go away when I check the thread. I have to Mark All Threads Read at the top to make it go away.

And I know I didn't move anything, and I'm the only mod online. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

@david: Blimey, that's early!!! According to Google, it's 7:49 am where you live as I post!

True indeed. I'm at work, and it starts at 7 am. :-(

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I just checked out the thread about BoltBait selling his account. I wasn't fooled for one second. It was so obvious.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

@david: Blimey, that's early!!! According to Google, it's 7:49 am where you live as I post!

True indeed. I'm at work, and it starts at 7 am. :-(

There are times when I'm the only actual member on the forum, accompanied by bots, guests, and often hidden users.

I've made a new song / tune / piece of music. :)

Click here for my new track on MP3 Unsigned, or on Myspace it's called Broken Promises & I hope you like it. :)

And before you ask, it's not emo or whiny :P

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

I've made a new song / tune / piece of music. :)

Click here for my new track on MP3 Unsigned, or on Myspace it's called Broken Promises & I hope you like it. :)

And before you ask, it's not emo or whiny :P

*Golf clap* ;)

That's an "I like it" I'm guessing? :)

Thanks for listening Yata :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D