The <off topic> thread

I'm not talking about 'pwned'...
I'm researching: DoD 5220.22-M
And that is..?

I do apologise if I offended you, that was not my intent. I was pointing out that you have on past occasion bypass using the Internet - be it Wikipedia, dictionary.com or whatever - when it would have been easier, and faster to find out for yourself than waste your time posting a query and waiting for a reply.

In the case of 'DoD 5220.22-M', the eight minutes that passed between you asking what it was and me posting a link (and you finally searching for it yourself), you could have swiftly ascertained what DoD 5220.22-M was. I'm not starting a rivalry with you, I do not wish for that type of relationship between us, I am but justifying my reasons for posting what I did that so clearly offended you.

First paragraph- Since I am not always the best at using the right terms, what I do is post a reply AND search. So I don't bypass it.

Second paragraph: I did ascertain what it was, straight away, but my mother had to check her auction.

EDIT: Also, I know that was not your intention. I do not want to make you my rival/enemy/nemesis/archenemy either.

Hmmm.... Enemy+Nemesis+Archenemy = Archenemesis?

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

First paragraph- Since I am not always the best at using the right terms, what I do is post a reply AND search. So I don't bypass it.

Second paragraph: I did ascertain what it was, straight away, but my mother had to check her auction.

Well, I apologise again, I hope you can see it from my point of view from what you wrote.

I'm sure we can pass this little misunderstanding on my part and carry on, not as archenemesises.

That's two typos today.

I think it used to be six as well, sabrown, but nowadays it's:

Password must be between 8 and 30 characters long, must contain letters in mixed case and must contain numbers.

Oh well, we both thought wrong.

Any time!

Actually, there is one thing I'm not too happy about with my username... In addition to being shortened to BotD, Bob etc. it can also be shortened to "bobo"... Ah well... Ya win some, ya lose some... *frantically air-strums solo from Ace of Spades*

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon