The <off topic> thread

Hooray for you.

I'm really really bored,and I have to stay up here cos there is nothing too do.

I have nothing elso off topic.

So why do you post in here? :roll:

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

I'm hungry.... Anyone know of any good restaurants in Colorado? Within walking distance of my house? Anyone know where my house is? Hopefully not...

HUNGRY!

Fargo's Pizza Company [/obviously]

I'm not hungry anymore. They kept talking about necrophilia... Besides, it would take an hour and a half to walk to Fargo's.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

So hungry, I'd have lost my will for specific food, and just popped into the nearest McDonald's. Blech...

And yeah, I have a .... no.... that won't work.... Snowboards don't work too well on sidewalks.... When there's no snow.... and it's all flat or uphill....

Think how hungry you'd be then!

Don't you have any mode of transportation? Bike, skateboard, etc.?

Heh. Well, for now, I am going to try and make it so that, in six years, my opinion still has not changed.
Good luck with that... :roll:

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Myrddin: Heh. Well, for now, I am going to try and make it so that, in six years, my opinion still has not changed.
You will not be able to resist the natural urges your body will have for her - whoever 'her' will be at the time.

Plus, teenage pregnancies are becoming younger by the year, so, really, you only have a few months before it'll happen.

Why would it be so hard? I'm not like other children, so I might actually be able to prevent myself from that.

It chemical / biological so it hard to prevent feelings.

I disagree that it's primarily chemical or biological; but I do agree that it is impossible to prevent. What's more, it's the most wonderful feeling one can imagine. Love is certainly the most awesome gift we have; don't try to run from it if it is put in front of you. It's not to be feared, but embraced.

Then again, you're nine years old. ;-) Admittedly, a QUITE mature nine-year-old, but still...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Good point. Also, do you like the pendant I linked you to? Just to carry around if anyone asks us something when we're not by the main sphere. Of course, it's only so that the customer doesn't get bored (that word just gave me an idea- see below) while we read their fortune.

My idea is that we get an Oujia board!

My idea is that we get an Oujia board!
I am going to slap sense into you, I don't care if you're younger, I will slap you. Hard.

Predicting what is to happen is one thing, interfering with the other side is another, and one to be strongly avoided.*

Brace yourself...

*now it sounds as though I'm taking this seriously.

Why would it be so hard? I'm not like other children, so I might actually be able to prevent myself from that.

It chemical / biological so it hard to prevent feelings.

I disagree that it's primarily chemical or biological; but I do agree that it is impossible to prevent. What's more, it's the most wonderful feeling one can imagine. Love is certainly the most awesome gift we have; don't try to run from it if it is put in front of you. It's not to be feared, but embraced.

Then again, you're nine years old. ;-) Admittedly, a QUITE mature nine-year-old, but still...

Now David you got me interested in your beliefs on what makes that feeling I call love. Please do tell I always like to hear other people beliefs on things as I find it fastanating :).

I was hoping you'd ask. :-)

See, we have many bodily responses brought on by chemicals, biological changes, agents in the environment, etc. Many of them quite strong - hunger, anger, stress. Some a bit weaker - irritation, some mild discomforts, etc. All of them prompt a reaction; hunger drives one to seek out food. Anger drives one to violence (primarily). Stress drives one to relax. Irritation drives one to scratch. Mild discomforts drive one to move. But all of these urges are primarily driving toward a small number of reactions.

Only love is so strong as it is, so far-reaching as it is. In essence, I believe that it causes the chemical and biological changes, not results from them. It's too strong to be caused by them; it must have caused them.

How else do you explain the mother who will deny all of her other urges to save her child? Or a man who will endure great annoyance for the love of his wife? Or the boy who will endure ridicule to protect his little brother? The urges of love are deeper and more wide-reaching than those of any other chemical process; I just see love as FAR too strong to have been caused by chemicals.

My conclusion takes on even starker beliefs when viewed in the absence of such chemicals. In extreme anger, the good husband will still not strike his wife. Even when the "fire" has gone out of the marriage, the old couple still stick together, still link arms as they shuffle into the church building.

And the fact that it is only humans who experience it is another reason; every other mammal experiences the same urges I mentioned above (hunger, irritation, stress, etc) - but none other demonstrates love. Cats can show affinity; dogs can show dedication. But no one has ever witnessed an animal demonstrating true love for another.

And love defies evolution, which is what makes me believe it is more than a natural change. Love is unexplainable as an evolved trait; we would easily have evolved lust, which makes us no better at controlling our desires than the dog or the horse. But we have love, which protects another at the expense of itself. That genetic trait cannot survive in a Darwinian system, and thus cannot be a natural function that has grown into us over time. (Please note that I am not professing to believe in Darwinist macro-evolution. I'm simply using it to prove that it is not a biological expediency)

In short, love is something more. I believe it is a gift of God, used to explain the smallest glimpse of His love for us. But even if you do not believe in God, there is much evidence to show you that the love we see among humans. It's a special, better thing than anything else we here experience. It is a true mirror by which we can see the qualities of our hearts. And that can't be explained away by any chemical formula.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Glad you guys posted. I thought I'd killed the forum...;-)

Anyway, thanks for reading and enjoying. And Worldnewser - the cold feeling goes away after a while. And it's usually a person who does it. :-)