The <off topic> thread

Still, they're everywhere, so it can't be much of a problem...
HMRC refuse to accept that there are other ways to transport documentation than the Royal Mail, so I doubt they'll be accepting of spirits.

Matt: already on the agenda.

Yes but I was thinking you be running .NET Framework out of Wine and making Paint.NET run in Linux but using the .NET from wine. Remeber C# is the main language for Linux and Unix. So really Paint.NET could be compiled in Linux but you have to get .NET to work in order to work.

So what I was saying was you may be able to do it that way but if not then you may be able to run both .NET and Paint.NET out of wine.

No no no. Linux and Unix are written in C. C# was developed by Microsoft very recently. 2001, I believe. Its only implementation on non-Windows systems is Mono. You can't compile .NET code without a .NET compiler, or Mono. But we already know that mono-paint is woefully lacking...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Okay-dokey, why it all seem like Helio has been taken out of the economic loop of this?

Not cool. It was his brainchild after all. You shall hold your horses 'till his return.

Now, which crystal ball shall I opt for?

EDIT: okay, I wasn't even notified that pyro posted. Forumer problem again?

The forum will only notify you if the new post happens while you're typing (i.e. after you hit "post reply"). So, if you loaded the page (without pyrochild's reply), he posted a reply (while you were still reading), and then you hit "post reply," pyrochild's reply will appear in the "Topic Review" beneath the post window, but it won't notify you of a conflict.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Pyro, there is nowhere to download Paint-Mono! I have been looking for about two months now because I have been wanting to get my hands on it for the purpose of at least trying it out.

You can get the source here:

http://paint-mono.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

And

Learn how to compile it here:

http://code.google.com/p/paint-mono/wik ... ngStrategy

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Sorry, am I looking at the wrong bit, or does the ball I linked to cost only 99p? :shock: Well, we might as well get one for each of us! Excluding Millie of course, but I can get something to make it up to her if she gets upset.

On a random note, I think I am actually, in a very very odd way, falling in love with Millie. We need a sort of shudder emote other thank :shock: . I mean, how on Earth am I meant to be dating a dead person or something? *shudders*

Changing the subject ever so slightly, here's a list of the songs used in Apple's most-loved commercials:

1234 ~Feist [new iPod nano commercial]

Perfect Timing (This Morning) ~Orba Squara [iPhone commercial]

Having Trouble Sneezing ~Mark Mothersbaugh [Get a Mac ads; "'Hi, I'm a Mac,' 'And I'm a PC...'"]

What I'm Looking for ~Brendan Benson [the newest iPod touch commercial]

New Soul ~Yael Naim [that compelling MacBook Air ad]

Spit ~John Murphy [the Switch ad campaign]

Considering you hate Apple with a passion, you sure act like an Apple fan-boy sometimes :P

True, but you gotta love their ads. Though there are some pretty good Zune ads...

http://www.istartedsomething.com/wp-con ... deluxe.flv

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1916&hl=en

http://www.istartedsomething.com.nyud.n ... omovid.flv

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

The forum will only notify you if the new post happens while you're typing (i.e. after you hit "post reply"). So, if you loaded the page (without pyrochild's reply), he posted a reply (while you were still reading), and then you hit "post reply," pyrochild's reply will appear in the "Topic Review" beneath the post window, but it won't notify you of a conflict.
Must have been a coincidence of timing that threw me then.

---------

Now, which crystal ball shall I opt for?

It really depends on your budget. A brief look on the Amazon site reveals quite a large price-range.

Some expensive, some not, some small, others big... We can always reclaim it back on tax-deductions.
(Emphasis added.) Problem solved; tax can work for us.

---------

I think I am actually, in a very very odd way, falling in love with Millie.
Holy Moses... Actually, this makes sense. You attempt to distance yourself from actual girls, therefore your body (or mind) forces a bond with the next best thing, which so happens to be a spirit of questionable existence, if you will pardon my scepticism.
...am I meant to be dating a dead person or something? *shudders*
Necrophiliac.

necrophilia (uncountable)

1. pathological attraction to dead bodies.

2. pathological fascination with death.

That was taken from Wiktionary.

1. Technically, she's not a body, as such.

2. Yes, I don't think I'm fascinated with death, as such...

pathology (plural pathologies)

1. (medicine) The branch of medicine concerned with the study of the nature of disease and its causes, processes, development, and consequences.

2. Any deviation from a healthy or normal condition; abnormality.

I believe 2 is what the word "pathological" applies to in the above quote, so TECHNICALLY, I am no a necrophiliac. I think.

Mike.Ryan: Was it something to do with... actually, never mind... *shudders at the thought of what I think Mike meant to say* PM it to me if you want.