The <off topic> thread

What have I started... :shock:
A new business.

Are you afraid of your future? Don't despair! Simply try Myrddin's Pound-a-Premonition™ service!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Are you afraid of your future? Don't despair! Simply try Myrddin's Pound-a-Premonition™ service!
Swanky. Wanting a share in the business?
I'd rather use a Cirrius Cybernetics Friendly Vertical People Transporter personally
Overrated. :P

Swanky. Wanting a share in the business?

Halves?

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Grand! :)

Now - where to start...

Thank you, sabrown...

You KNOW you've gone too far when Helio begins to lose patience... ;-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

lol I like that image.

Mr Frojo I use Fedora Linux and I have Wine installed which lets me run Windows apps. It can even run the .NET Framework.

PdN work on it? I'm pretty sure Wine isn't 100% working with .NET.

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3754 that a link to the .NET Framework 2.0.

As for Paint.NET I am guessing it would need to be compiled on a Linux box in order to run. I have not tryed. Who knows maybe it will run fine in Wine.

I was going to try it but I can't get my WiFi working on Fedora 8.

Now - where to start...
You need customers
You don't say? Really?

---

A crystal ball. I know, cliché, but it adds to the affect, even if it is a placebo for the customer. Plus, it stops me from twiddling my thumbs in between clients.

Ah-ha! Although, with so many to choose from... Some expensive, some not, some small, others big... We can always reclaim it back on tax-deductions.

---

Mike: have you ever changed your theme? Because that doesn't even look like a previous concept of Aero, let-alone Aero itself. Yes, I'd say slightly corrupted as well. Puzzling...

As for Paint.NET I am guessing it would need to be compiled on a Linux box in order to run. I have not tryed. Who knows maybe it will run fine in Wine.

The whole point of Wine is to run Windows apps on Linux machines. If you recompile, it's not even in Wine's realm.

Mike Ryan: Did you install a uxtheme.dll patch or something like VistaGlazz on a Vista-SP1 machine? That won't work yet...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Her_Majest ... nd_Customs

-----

sabrown: we've only just started, give us time to find our footing first.

EDIT: okay, I wasn't even notified that pyro posted. Forumer problem again?

The whole point of Wine is to run Windows apps on Linux machines. If you recompile, it's not even in Wine's realm.

Mike Ryan: Did you install a uxtheme.dll patch or something like VistaGlazz on a Vista-SP1 machine? That won't work yet...

Yes but I was thinking you be running .NET Framework out of Wine and making Paint.NET run in Linux but using the .NET from wine. Remeber C# is the main language for Linux and Unix. So really Paint.NET could be compiled in Linux but you have to get .NET to work in order to work.

So what I was saying was you may be able to do it that way but if not then you may be able to run both .NET and Paint.NET out of wine.