Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

I still don't see how laptops have any correlation with "noob-ness" in any way.

Sorry, i meant the combination of all those points. Also, the severe difference of hardware prestations in between laptops and desktops of the same price class (mostly due to having to fit the components in, and cooling them down) is a factor.

@uH: Very correct.

I also use a laptop, multiple OSs though. But I boot into Vista the most. I suppose I am just a n00b though, a pet of Microsoft :roll:

We're all pets of microsoft, which is the sad thing. Sure, we might also use linux or macs, but we still are dependant of windows.

And if anyone else here says they arnt dependant of windows, you're lying. After all, this is the paint".NET" forums.

Because I use a .NET Application on Vista doesnt make me a pet of Microsoft. In fact, many features of Vista are disabled by personal preference. UAC is gone, Aero is rarely used, and I absolutely cannot wait for Cairo to be released. I dislike Microsoft, and I refuse to be enslaved as a pet by them.

I dislike windows too, but I am forced to use it. Too many of my programs require windows to run. Until the day some crazy linux user burns down Microsoft HQ and frees us all, windows is my main OS.

And I dont have enough room on my hard drive to install linux... :(

I dislike windows too, but I am forced to use it. Too many of my programs require windows to run. Until the day some crazy linux user burns down Microsoft HQ and frees us all, windows is my main OS.

And I dont have enough room on my hard drive to install linux... :(

Ever heard of Pendrive Linux? You can install many popular Linux distros onto a spare thumbdrive.

ihousezq6.png !

LOL! That has so many sub-meanings. It's great! :D

Yes, it was very witty indeed :)

[this is my way of saying rofl]

That actually comes from a pretty awesome animation. Well, the first part is awesome...

Yeah, I knew I heard that somewhere...

_____

Changing the subject ever so slightly, here's a list of the songs used in Apple's most-loved commercials:

1234 ~Feist [new iPod nano commercial]

Perfect Timing (This Morning) ~Orba Squara [iPhone commercial]

Having Trouble Sneezing ~Mark Mothersbaugh [Get a Mac ads; "'Hi, I'm a Mac,' 'And I'm a PC...'"]

What I'm Looking for ~Brendan Benson [the newest iPod touch commercial]

New Soul ~Yael Naim [that compelling MacBook Air ad]

Spit ~John Murphy [the Switch ad campaign]

lol I like that image.

Mr Frojo I use Fedora Linux and I have Wine installed which lets me run Windows apps. It can even run the .NET Framework.

PdN work on it? I'm pretty sure Wine isn't 100% working with .NET.

i just got second life cos my friend told me and i went on it at his house and left myself at his clan base then one of the clan members came up to me and shot me :( and i said i was his friend and i think procore is a higher rank and he shot me! o well it dont matter when im in it :D

i just got second life cos my friend told me and i went on it at his house and left myself at his clan base then one of the clan members came up to me and shot me :( and i said i was his friend and i think procore is a higher rank and he shot me! o well it dont matter when im in it :D

Sooo... your second life wasn't much of a success?

Heh. Morgan Webb from G4tv has a rant about Second Life- in which she basically says that the fad is pretty much over- apparently, it hit its peak about two years ago or so, and nowadays, the average user logs on for "about twelve minutes...a month." :-P So... It's mostly hype.