The <off topic> thread

I just started to use FireGestures for Firefox, and I must say it's very handy! Just right-click, move your mouse in a certain way, and viola, you just performed a function that used to require having to access a menu, look at a context menu, or force your arms to reach for the keyboard and Ctrl+Letter it.

The gesture system is based on up, down, left, and right cursor movements. No, you don't need to be a precice mouse handler to work it, just an idea of what up, down, left, and right are.

Some examples of the gestures:

Move the mouse up, then right will go to the next tab

Make an "S" and you'll go to the "Save As" dialog

Move the mouse to the right to go back a page

Make a circle (clockwise) and you're page is refreshed

Make note that not all of those gestures are the presets; I took the time to set my own.

BTW, you can get FireGestures here: http://www.xuldev.org/firegestures/

_____

EDIT: Just an FYI, Conservatives give 30% more to charity than Liberals.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I (have been) using the Mouse Gestures addon for ff.

Edit:

And who cares if I didn't quote it perfectly? I think mine sounds better anyway.

And they can beleive what they want..

but for the sake of good measure, pokemon was an invention of man for entertainment and not pre-existing. This is coming from the witch guy who believes in things like The Illuminati and aliens... So, yeah...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Hello. Its been a while since I posted here. :P

I was asking a while ago where you might have been! Can't find the exact post right now, but I definitely did, even if no-one saw it. Welcome back, one of my closest compatriots!

EDIT: Yata: The witch-guy. :D Just had to laugh at that one. Anyway, don't think of yourself as a mad ol' witch guy, that's not good. Because you're not. You're a crazy ol' witch guy. :wink:

I wouldn't like to see paintdotnet move away from Forumer, we have been providing a very reliable service to paint.net for years now and I'd like it to stay this way.

After reading what Limez wrote, I was wondering, how long has the PDN forums been around for?

(emphasis added by me)

I wouldn't like to see paintdotnet move away from Forumer, we have been providing a very reliable service to paint.net for years now and I'd like it to stay this way.

After reading what Limez wrote, I was wondering, how long has the PDN forums been around for?

(emphasis added by me)

Some of the earliest threads seem to be from July of 2005.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

The forum has been around since: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:22 am

But, it really got going around: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:27 pm ;)

lol - where did you get these so called exact bits of information? :wink:

I'll never tell. :P

The top one, the bottom of the homepage, I should think. No idea about the second though... :D

I'll never tell. :P

It was the day BB registered - but i'm not sure about the time. My original theory was a certain user registering but that turned out wrong - it could be a certain post being made.

Actually, the time seems wrong to us Brits because of our timezone being different to BB's. So, I believe it was when BB joined.