The <off topic> thread

vista: I was referring to A2A.

Then you must have referred to Alex Drake (the one who has been shot by a bullet in 2008 and is now in 1980's).

I think so... I only ever caught a glimpse of the real show, I saw the shouting thing on Harry Hill's TV Burp.

A2A is the one with the weird clown in

The weird clown is actually His Royal Strange-But-Somehow-Addictive-ness David Bowie... Although why no-one mentions who he is, that I don't know...

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

In the series finale of A2A, it's the day when Alex's parents die in a car bomb. Alex thinks that if she can stop her parents death, maybe she can get home back to 2008.

As for LOM, it was similar to A2A, accept this time, Sam Tyler got hit by a car and found himself in 1973. It carried on for 2 series. It ended with Sam Tyler coming back to 2008 but he then killed himself - the reason for that was never really understood. The ending was a bit unclear at first.

@bobofthedead: In the song called Ashes To Ashes, did the freaky clown appear in the music video for that as well?

Just out of interest, does anyone know of a program that can extract .tar.gz files for free?
7-Zip can unpack .tar, but what for .tar.gz, I'm not sure. Give it a go anyway just because 7-Zip is all 'round fantastic.

----------------------------

Joy.

Yup, 7z is awesome.

Guess what? Being a mod has been the best thing ever, because I got to do this:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2490&p=160377#p160377

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

:D

And there was much rejoicing.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Yes, Rubrica, whilst your PowerArchiver 2007 is very attractive (go Ribbon), it doesn't support the extraction of the .tar format, which 7-Zip does:

• [*:36s6cbw7] Read and write support for ZIP, 7-ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, BH, XXE, UUE, yENC, and MIME (Base 64)
    [*:36s6cbw7] Read and extract support for: RAR, ARJ, ARC, ACE, ZOO plus ISO, BIN, IMG and NRG disc image formats

Emphasis added.

7-Zip, on the other hand, does support this extraction:

• [*:36s6cbw7] Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
    [*:36s6cbw7] Unpacking only: RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS

Emphasis added.

See? Bow to holiness of 7-Zip.

--------------------------------------------

Also triumph in in the falling of a great evil, the Three Word Game.

Hail moderator David! Hail!

--------------------------------------------

Helio: Oh my... Your signature/avatar... Wow.