Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

Since I got my Zymic account, I've been coding my homepage. But now, I've nearly finished coding the homepage - (currently, I've done 80% in my opinion).

Anyway, please feel free to give me your opinions on what I can do to improve it.

Link to un-finished "BETA" homepage

Some parts of the page will be dead links since I haven't finished, so for example, there's no point in bothering with the nav bar. :wink:

Most of this was coded by myself however the CSS design is a template.

I changed some part(s) of the template but full credit will be given!

Please do rate this page! :D Also, bear in mind that I do lack a few skills in web design since I'm only 12 and this is only my second major web design "project".

Vista, the top picture is really pixelated.

Don't worry, I'm taking care of that as I speak. But apart from that, are there any more issues or comments?

Please do rate this page!
Your header looks, frankly, awful, especially when you have PDN at your disposal. Let me explain:

vistasheader-bad.png

And a cleaner version would look like:

vistasheader-betterPNG.png

Below is a zipped .pdn and all the resources included to create that, including the alpha mask for the corners incase you wish to change the background.

Pictures.zip

Yata beat me to it.

Please do rate this page!
Your header looks, frankly, awful, especially when you have PDN at your disposal. Let me explain:

vistasheader-bad.png

And a cleaner version would look like:

vistasheader-betterPNG.png

Below is a zipped .pdn and all the resources included to create that, including the alpha mask for the corners incase you wish to change the background.

[attachment=0]Pictures.zip[/attachment]

Yata beat me to it.

Despite the fact I know you are brilliant, I still must say this: :shock:

Also, randomly, I haven't seen Olec for a while, on here or dA. Has anyone seen him?

Despite the fact I know you are brilliant, I still must say this: :shock:
I just followed vista?'s conventions, otherwise I would have applied a few design tweaks. It's a good design, I don't wish to come in between that.

Plus, I couldn't have contributed to any of his coding woes nor his bad humour, so I plumped to aid with some graphical remedies instead.

Plus, I couldn't have contributed to any of his coding woes nor his bad humour, so I plumped to aid with some graphical remedies instead.

I wouldn't have been able to do any of those probably. :D I'm so pathetic a PDN, the only good thing I ever did was that Christmas tree with Shape3D.

I'm so pathetic a PDN, the only good thing I ever did was that Christmas tree with Shape3D.

I wouldn't say that, you create some great signatures.

EDIT: added quote.

I'm so pathetic a PDN, the only good thing I ever did was that Christmas tree with Shape3D.

I wouldn't say that, you create some great signatures.

EDIT: added quote.

Oh, well, thanks! I am rather proud of my current signature, but what other ones do you mean, since you used the plural of signature?

I've changed the header image - have a look (your browser may keep on showing the old image so refresh the page)

Great, but the vista logo still has jagged edges.

I'll fix the logo again later as most of the important problems for the header are now fixed and so I can get on with more of the coding.

I can't remember all your signatures or pieces of work, Rubrica, but there had been at least one other I've liked of yours. Whether your actual signature or one entered into a competition I cannot recall.

Regardless, relax in the notion you do good things in PDN :).

I can't remember all your signatures or pieces of work, Rubrica, but there had been at least one other I've liked of yours. Whether your actual signature or one entered into a competition I cannot recall.

Regardless, relax in the notion you do good things in PDN :).

It was probably my entry for SOTW.

I'm so pathetic at PDN.

Think again, I admit at the end of the day, I am quite bad at PDN. I mean, the most complex sig I've ever done is my plugin census sig. Still, at least I can follow tutorials . . .