Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

So lets stop the Ilegal discussion , lets go to an Legal discussion...

anyway, how are the Elections goin? in my newspaper [in belguim] i cannot find any latest news..

Something happened with Barak Obama's church or preacher regarding slavery and the treatment of black people, and they were discussing it. So then the media jumped in, said Obama was being racist and made a huge fuss.

He wasn't being racist, he was talking about his people. That's like saying I just won the lottery but can't talk about it because it involved me.

I'm really tired of all of the media bashing all the political figures. They find one tiny detail, blow it up using metaphors, and publish it to the world who go "OMG I can't beleive that!".

I don't think you'll find many people in support of Bush anymore, especially not here in Washington state. Imagine how much better we'd be off if he cut the military budget by just 2% and took all of that money and threw it at the education system. I'm not happy having to pay $60 to fill up my gas tank -- even though it doesn't really affect me financially, it's a bit insulting. I have friends who make significantly more "normal" salaries and live on the other side of the bridge (520 that is), sometimes they can't hang out because they can't afford the gas.

I dont know if you guys know but in america you have an Credit Crisis , lol here it's even worse!

It was 0.82€ / One liter Gas

Now it is 1.31€/ for one liter of it

And that know it raised in price on 6 hours :roll:

It's USD$3.80/gallon for premium/high-octane here, which is what half the cars (including mine, a 2004 BMW 325i) require. Sometimes it seems like everyone here drives BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus. Starting to see lots more Prius though; I wouldn't mind one myself.

Last time I filled up I actually went with the medium gas in order to save some money. First time I've ever done that. Hopefully my car doesn't explode.

To be completely honest, I'm disgusted at Bush.

I can understand going over-seas to make sure they don't have weapons of mass destruction, but after finding none, and having so many of our people killed, we're still over there.

No one said that we had to get involved in their mess. It's extremely rude of us for trying to fix a problem THEY need to fix themselves. It's like someone walking into your house and saying "You're not washing the dishes right. I'm going to have to move in for two years, threaten you with weapons, and force you to do it the way I think is right.".

I hate war with a passion. There is nothing on this Earth more disgusting than people killing each other, massively, to accomplish a goal which peace could have done easily. And the saddest part is, most of those soldiers don't want to be there.

And overall, I just can't find a way to like the man. I have no respect for someone who dosen't care about something, in this case, a big something, millions of people.

I hope it gets fixed soon , well 'bout talking for stupid change ...

an pocket of bublegum of 10 Pieces was 0.89€ , now 3.68€

Thanks Yata, You say what i mean in intelectual words :)

To be completely honest, I'm disgusted at Bush.

Don't turn this into a political debate, but I was just wondering, who do you want for president next?

Being British, I find the US Election system weird. It doesn't make sense for me fully.

an pocket of bublegum of 10 Pieces was 0.89€ , now 3.68€

Blimey!

What's up with the cat with bad spelling?!

In other news, I've finally actually started coding my site (since I had to restart due to table and template issues).

I remember when gas first went over $1 per gallon. The pumps were not set up for prices that high (they didn't have enough digits) so station owners went around to their pumps and used a Sharpie to put a "1" in front of their price.

I also remember when my friend was complaining about the high cost of cigarettes. He told me that when they reached $1 per pack he'd quit!

BTW, my last car was a Prius. Now, I have a Toyota Highlander Hybrid. For a decent sized SUV it gets 27-30 MPG.

I remember when gas first went over $1 per gallon. The pumps were not set up for prices that high so station owners went around to their pumps and used a Sharpie to put a "1" in front of their price.

:lol: When was that then?

I remember when 3 annas (something like 10 cents in USD I think) could get you on a train from Amritsar to Bombay (about London to Glasgow I estimate) :roll:

In India it's approx ~$7/gal.

I remember when gas first went over $1 per gallon. The pumps were not set up for prices that high so station owners went around to their pumps and used a Sharpie to put a "1" in front of their price.

:lol: When was that then?

http://www.randomuseless.info/gasprice/gasprice.html

@ Yata: The problem is, with the deposing of Saddam Hussein, the whole system in Iraq has collapsed - from what I hear, in many parts of certain provinces and cities, it's complete anarchy, the streets being ruled by rival factions and aggressive small-time warlords. Bush has to keep his army in now, or it'll be like pulling the last bottom piece out of a giant Jenga puzzle - it'll all come tumbling down upon us all.

@ Yata: The problem is, with the deposing of Saddam Hussein, the whole system in Iraq has collapsed - from what I hear, in many parts of certain provinces and cities, it's complete anarchy, the streets being ruled by rival factions and aggressive small-time warlords. Bush has to keep his army in now, or it'll be like pulling the last bottom piece out of a giant Jenga puzzle - it'll all come tumbling down upon us all.

It is not our place to fix other peoples problems. It might have been a little more acceptable if we said "Hey man, want a hand?". But we rushed in there and terrorized the people. More innocents have died than they should have. All we're doing is doubling the chaos the innocents have to endure while causing damage and killing people from all sides. It's disgusting and, honestly, it disgusts me people have such a disregard toward humanity.

Don't turn this into a political debate, but I was just wondering, who do you want for president next?

I would like Obama in office. I must say he's not my perfect ideal, but imo, compared to the other candidates, he's the lesser of the evils.

...But we rushed in there and terrorized the people...

And so 9/11 was? And the reason we went in their (Bush went in there) was to fix the mistakes his father made. And as well, the government hated us before and would not have wanted our help, but we are to warm hearted to let that type of inhumanity take place.