Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

Because they support many screen resolutions, are an easy way to layout content and are easy to add to.

What are the disadvantages of using CSS positioning then?

Don't know. But when using a WYSIWYG editor I find tables an easier option when laying things out.

Also, with tables you can easily add new elements, such as a new bar at the top - much harder in css positioning. One thing I really want in PHP is master pages.

Darnit. They don't have the processor I want. May be could for the motherboard I need though.

If you mean they may have a new motherboard for you, I would bet they do. Get something that supports dual, or even quad core processors.

Har. Har. Har. Tables are a disgrace to web semantics everywhere.

I remember a quote a while ago:

"HTML is to be only used for content; CSS alone should be used for design and layout."

Som'n like that...

Darnit. They don't have the processor I want. May be could for the motherboard I need though.

If you mean they may have a new motherboard for you, I would bet they do. Get something that supports dual, or even quad core processors.

I don't want a multi core processor. Some games have issues recognizing the other cores. I just want pure speed.

Har. Har. Har. Tables are a disgrace to web semantics everywhere.

I remember a quote a while ago:

"HTML is to be only used for content; CSS alone should be used for design and layout."

Som'n like that...

I think the other way. Content flow was specifically designed for the web and is IMHO the best way to layout content. In the same way I always prefer to design applications using container controls for large content-based controls rather than anchoring.

Okay, so this is cool:

This is incredibly frightening.

I think you've got them the wrong way around: Big Dog is quite freaky, ingenious and a brilliant development towards semi-autonomous slaves... robots, but frightening looking; the wireless neckband is cool, especially the prospect of communication between your brain and Internet services.

Right now, out of lesson at college, the computers are downstairs, however where we hang out is one level up and finding out little things on the random enforces too much exercise, so that's where the wireless neckband would be very handy. Although...

Once I was calling some guy on my mobile, and I thought to myself "What an idiot..." Not something I'd want him to hear...
Exactly what I was thinking (not 'you're an idiot', I mean your point). Imagine a malfunction and the truth just rolled on out... meetings, relationships, speaking to clients, your mother...

Interesting finds david.

especially the prospect of communication between your brain and Internet services.

Personally I find that whole idea quite frightening. I worry this will get combined with the Verichip project and start to be used by governments worldwide.

I think it's fascinating. Totally fascinating.

Although, computer viruses direct to your brain...? No. At the moment, I have to admit that personally I would not go as far as brain > Internet, I'd rather stick with brain > phone conversations. Much more safe, albeit socially dangerous.

so........lets talk about bacon? lol, sorry i dont even like bacon and its been on my mind all day!! my boss noticed i was drifting off and yelled my name, and my response was "Bacon!". Not even kidding lol

I think it's fascinating. Totally fascinating.

Although, computer viruses direct to your brain...? No. At the moment, I have to admit that personally I would not go as far as brain > Internet, I'd rather stick with brain > phone conversations. Much more safe, albeit socially dangerous.

Personally I find any brain integration with technology far too invasive - although it seems as though this is the inevitable future.

I was having a slightly random conversation on MSN & I had the idea that google should be re-named The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. If you're on facebook & feel like it, you could join the group that I set up. When someone asks you a question & you don't know the answer you tell them to google it, if the name were changed then they could be Guided ;)

I was having a slightly random conversation on MSN & I had the idea that google should be re-named The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. If you're on facebook & feel like it, you could join the group that I set up. When someone asks you a question & you don't know the answer you tell them to google it, if the name were changed then they could be Guided ;)

Yes - I know the easter egg.

I think you've got them the wrong way around: Big Dog is quite freaky, ingenious and a brilliant development towards semi-autonomous slaves... robots, but frightening looking; the wireless neckband is cool, especially the prospect of communication between your brain and Internet services.

Not really. See, while both are fascinating and a little bit freaky, the thought of mind-reading with technology makes the entire idea of government misuse of technology a debate the polygraph can't touch.

But I agree - they're both very cool. :-)

See, while both are fascinating and a little bit freaky, the thought of mind-reading with technology makes the entire idea of government misuse of technology a debate the polygraph can't touch.

Although I think they did experiments where they managed to control the emotions of animals in the 60s.

The robotic dog...good use of robotics, stable even when shoved to the side and made a good comeback on the ice.

As for the voiceless call neckband...this could get me in trouble, especially if an attractive woman goes walking by

Temp-lock. This is disgusting.

Wait... either my time-stamps are seriously messed up, or you started the temp-lock nearly 3 hours after anyone posted...

:shock:

We be seeing any cool plugins coming from you any time soon? ;)

I hope, maybe in a few months, or more. Lets see how long it takes me to learn the basics

45 more mb to go

edit: downloaded, now installing...