Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

After looking at some more CSS templates, I've decided to rewrite what I've done so far with a new theme. :)

You should put a link to your site in your sig.

Or maybe wait until the site is finished.

sabrown is right, at the moment, there is no point as there really is nothing to see.

EDIT: What do you think of this theme? I personally like it very much.

You should put a link to your site in your sig.

Or maybe wait until the site is finished.

sabrown is right, at the moment, there is no point as there really is nothing to see.

EDIT: What do you think of this theme? I personally like it very much.

Nice, but if you're going to have a free domain you're going to have to edit it slightly to make it original.

@ David @ Yata: M'Kay... Sounds mucho fair to me! I've just read that ******, and whilst it raises **** **** ******, it got **** ******** after a while...

n.b. The above asterisks are not to denote swearing, but talking about that which is not meant to be mentioned under D.A's new moratorium...

Nice, but if you're going to have a free domain you're going to have to edit it slightly to make it original.

You're right, I will need to a fair bit of tweaking to this but I will give credit to the creators. :D

You're right, I will need to a fair bit of tweaking to this but I will give credit to the creators. :D

Alternatively there are plenty of sites that supply templates that you don't have to credit.

Alternatively there are plenty of sites that supply templates that you don't have to credit.

True but I downloaded one template for example from CSS Templates which was dabbing alongside with tables in the HTML code meaning that sooner or later my coding would go mad.

After all, who here is able to work with tables at a very comfortable level?

Tables suck. Run from tables like the plague.

I rest my case - tables are confuzing unless you're using a WYSIWYG editor where it still is confusing but not as much as before! :)

Why don't you get a good WYSIWYG editor?

I could but I prefer coding it myself plus I don't know any decent editors. For me, BoltBait's HTML editor is just as good for me. I mean, it may not be a WYISWYG, but it does have a live preview!

How else do you create a good layout for your site? CSS positioning?

That's what I did - I used CSS positioning!

Besides, lots of people use WYSIWYG editors and in return, their sites are made with tables. :twisted:

Yes! Yes! A million times yes! :-)

Yes! Yes! A million times yes! :-)

BBC uses tables.

Google uses tables.

(Just view the source code and search for "

Why do some many sites use tables?!!

This is incredibly frightening.

That's sort of scary. Once I was calling some guy on my mobile, and I thought to myself "What an idiot..." Not something I'd want him to hear...

Does anybody know a good online store where I can buy a Intel Pentium® 4 661 Processor, 3.6GHz? My Google searches have been less than fruitful and the only site I found hasn't had any in stock for like 5 months. If no online stores can be recommended perhaps a brick and mortar store could be recommended.

Does anybody know a good online store where I can buy a Intel Pentium® 4 661 Processor, 3.6GHz? My Google searches have been less than fruitful and the only site I found hasn't had any in stock for like 5 months. If no online stores can be recommended perhaps a brick and mortar store could be recommended.

Look at Newegg.com. Great store! :D

Doesn't want to load. Gets to about halfway then freezes... :?

Doesn't want to load. Gets to about halfway then freezes... :?

Hmm. Try the normal link then.

BBC uses tables.

Google uses tables.

(Just view the source code and search for "

Why do some many sites use tables?!!

Because they support many screen resolutions, are an easy way to layout content and are easy to add to.

Because they support many screen resolutions, are an easy way to layout content and are easy to add to.

What are the disadvantages of using CSS positioning then?