Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

I really, really want a 24 hr lock starting right about now. Almost 10 pages of arguments, 6 swear words, and many a angry debater has turned this thread into an out of control political wrestling ring.

PLEASE temporarily lock this thread.

Pfft. Six swears is nothing. You should see the last message board I frequented.

I really, really want a 24 hr lock starting right about now. Almost 10 pages of arguments, 6 swear words, and many a angry debater has turned this thread into an out of control political wrestling ring.

PLEASE temporarily lock this thread.

Pfft. Six swears is nothing. You should see the last message board I frequented.

But this is a graphics board with a rule that states this is a "family friendly board". There are 8 year olds here. Nothing to "Pfft." at! "Six swears" is something.

But this is a graphics board with a rule that states this is a "family friendly board". There are 8 year olds here. Nothing to "Pfft." at! "Six swears" is something.

So was the last board I belonged to. Rules don't stop people if they want to swear. Besides, have you heard 8 years olds lately? They swear worse than I do and I sear like a sailor.

Rules don't stop people if they want to swear.

And lame excuses don't stop mods if they want to ban.

True, but it's not like these kids haven't heard these words before.

I agree with ncfan51, this is out of control and has pretty much put me out of the mood from posting on these forums today.

we can evolve beyond our pettiness.

I agree with this statement but communism is NOT the answer.

USSR failed,

And China is NOT really communism anymore.... :lol:

etc.

Why should I be forced through the sweat of my brow to put food on your table so that you can do nothing? I would rather not work than be forced into labor for your benefit.

Where/who do you think some of our tax $ goes to?? :?

My eye started bleeding after read so many page on this.

No new PDN work thanks to all of you. :lol:

Thank you for unlocking this, David. I wasn't here, but I won't ask what happened, because that'll start it all up again. Now then, I have an idea for a new thread, see the Sanctuary if you want to hear it, as after an hour of tribulation at swimming lessons, I am too tired to rewrite it.

Actually, that was BoltBait.

Now, here's the deal: The argument and all related matters are now the topic. Since this is the thread, that means that they are not allowed. At all. Violation of this will result in a warn, then a ban.

@Rubrica, I don't really like the idea unless some other threads close. If not we would have:

• [*:5m36es4c]The off-topic thread for neither rants nor good news.
    [*:5m36es4c]The rants thread for rants.
    [*:5m36es4c]The sanctuary for good news.
    [*:5m36es4c]Your thread for posts that include rants and good news.

That just seems a bit over-categorised in a useless way to me.

@Rubrica, I don't really like the idea unless some other threads close. If not we would have:

• [*:29ku6nxb]The off-topic thread for neither rants nor good news.
    [*:29ku6nxb]The rants thread for rants.
    [*:29ku6nxb]The sanctuary for good news.
    [*:29ku6nxb]Your thread for posts that include rants and good news.

That just seems a bit over-categorised in a useless way to me.

I see what you mean, but there are many people who almost always have one of the reasons I posted.

I see what you mean, but there are many people who almost always have one of the reasons I posted.

But does a post really need to be seperated from the rants thread, the sanctuary and the off-topic just because it includes a rant and good news?

Actually, that was BoltBait.

Now, here's the deal: The argument and all related matters are now the topic. Since this is the thread, that means that they are not allowed. At all. Violation of this will result in a warn, then a ban.

Am I hearing you correctly here? No arguments? Does this encompass reasonable debate, or debate that does not get out of hand? What if you respond to a comment, which turns into a debate?

Nothing has changed; The moratorium does not encompass reasonable argument or debate. We're all fairly mature here. We need to act like it.

I said "THE argument," not "ANY argument." :-)

After looking at some more CSS templates, I've decided to rewrite what I've done so far with a new theme. :)

You should put a link to your site in your sig.

After looking at some more CSS templates, I've decided to rewrite what I've done so far with a new theme. :)

You should put a link to your site in your sig.

Or maybe wait until the site is finished.