I'm watching the film Serenity right now, and I'm seeing something interesting; Dr. Keller.

See, Jewel Staite, "Kaylee Frye" in Firefly and Serenity, was cast as "Dr. Jennifer Keller" in Stargate Atlantis after Firefly was canceled.

She follows a pretty nifty succession of canceled sci-fi-series refugees: Ben Browder, Farscape's "John Crichton," joined the cast of Stargate SG1 in season 9 as Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell after the cancellation of Farscape.

Another Farscape refugee, Claudia Black ("Aeryn Sun") also joined the cast of Stargate SG1 for their eighth season, and became a regular for the ninth as "Vala Mal Doran".

Stargate SG1's Dr. Carolyn Lam (Lexa Doig) was cast after the end of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda (in which she played "Rommie").

Of course, Richard Dean Anderson was SG1's Jack O'Neill, long after the cancellation of his role in MacGyver. I mean, it's kind of a sci-fi show...

Torri Higginson: Atlantis' "Dr. Elizabeth Weir". Also had a role in TekWar.

Peter Williams: SG1's "Apophis". Also had a role in the Riddick series of films.

Connor Trinneer: Atlantis' "Michael." Also starred as "Commander Charles 'Trip' Tucker" on Star Trek: Enterprise.

Robert Picardo: SG1 and Atlantis' "Richard Woolsey." Also starred as "The Doctor" on Star Trek: Voyager.

EDIT: Just saw another one.

Morena Baccarin: SG1's enemy "Adria." Also had a role as Inara Serra in Serenity.

I think it's cool that Stargate is such a huge franchise that it can absorb other series' stars into its stories. Very cool stuff. And I find it fascinating.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I'm watching the film Serenity right now, and I'm seeing something interesting; Dr. Keller.

See, Jewel Staite, "Kaylee Frye" in Firefly and Serenity, was cast as "Dr. Jennifer Keller" in Stargate Atlantis after Firefly was canceled.

She follows a pretty nifty succession of canceled sci-fi-series refugees: Ben Browder, Farscape's "John Crichton," joined the cast of Stargate SG1 in season 9 as Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell after the cancellation of Farscape.

Another Farscape refugee, Claudia Black ("Aeryn Sun") also joined the cast of Stargate SG1 for their eighth season, and became a regular for the ninth as "Vala Mal Doran".

Stargate SG1's Dr. Carolyn Lam (Lexa Doig) was cast after the end of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda (in which she played "Rommie").

Of course, Richard Dean Anderson was SG1's Jack O'Neill, long after the cancellation of his role in MacGyver. I mean, it's kind of a sci-fi show...

Torri Higginson: Atlantis' "Dr. Elizabeth Weir". Also had a role in TekWar.

Peter Williams: SG1's "Apophis". Also had a role in the Riddick series of films.

Connor Trinneer: Atlantis' "Michael." Also starred as "Commander Charles 'Trip' Tucker" on Star Trek: Enterprise.

Robert Picardo: SG1 and Atlantis' "Richard Woolsey." Also starred as "The Doctor" on Star Trek: Voyager.

EDIT: Just saw another one.

Morena Baccarin: SG1's enemy "Adria." Also had a role as Inara Serra in Serenity.

I think it's cool that Stargate is such a huge franchise that it can absorb other series' stars into its stories. Very cool stuff. And I find it fascinating.

Also, John DeLancie (sp?), who played Q in Star Trek, also had a recurring role in SG-1 for a while.

Ufm6Sc.png

Placeholder, new signature under construction.

Is that really Rick?! He's an alien
I laughed out loud.

--------------------------------------

Okay-dokey, goodbye, all.

I'm off to the Holderness Coast for a Geography field trip over the next two days (Thursday and Friday). We'll be sleeping in a B&B, Victoria Guest House, in Mablethorpe over Thursday night, of which at first sounded like a brothel, and as it's the first time we've used this place, who knows, it could be.

I've finished packing spare garments, paracetamol, plasters due to the boots I shall be wearing, and other random items that may not be needed though taking just in case. And three four-packs of Kellogg's Squares.

That's it, got nothing decidedly special to say other than that, it's only a one-night sleep over at the coast.

--------------------------------------

EDIT: a happy birthday goes to Dalton and D@lton. What a coincidence that two users who would share the same date of birth would also have similar usernames. Madness I tell ye, madness.

EDIT: a happy birthday goes to Dalton and D@lton. What a coincidence that two users who would share the same date of birth would also have similar usernames. Madness I tell ye, madness.

Could be his clone? That might explain the a -> @ mistake. Ever see the movie Multiplicity?

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

I must find a use for this on one of my web pages:

http://www.safalra.com/web-design/javas ... tyle-dock/

Heh. Not bad. 8)

Ooh. Quite agreed.

*devious thoughts*

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Is that really Rick?! He's an alien
I laughed out loud.

Kerching! I made someone laugh with using unfunny jokes but only sarcasm. That for me is a record since I'm awful at comedy unless you consider sarcastic and unfunny jokes being comedy.