The <off topic> thread

You know how I renamed my blog to "Save the Grasshoppers" for the sake of good humor? I got a funny comment on my blog:
Hello, sir. The Society for Grasshopper Awareness is a non-profit, New Delhi based group to prevent the extinction of grasshoppers. The known grasshopper population in Eurasia alone has declined by 60% since 1932, when this society was founded. On behalf of the members of the SGA, I, the PR manager, express our condolences and support for your generous cause of maintaining a blog for grasshopper awareness.

Haha. That's hilarious. :)

Haha. Probably a bot.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

You know how I renamed my blog to "Save the Grasshoppers" for the sake of good humor? I got a funny comment on my blog:
Hello, sir. The Society for Grasshopper Awareness is a non-profit, New Delhi based group to prevent the extinction of grasshoppers. The known grasshopper population in Eurasia alone has declined by 60% since 1932, when this society was founded. On behalf of the members of the SGA, I, the PR manager, express our condolences and support for your generous cause of maintaining a blog for grasshopper awareness.

Oops, that could be one of those mad, deranged insane girls I keep on ranting about. Alisha Lawrence. I linked her to my blog, and she must have followed the link on my blog to your blog, and commented. I did mention your blog, and it's name, and she started saying something about animal protection all of a sudden, but I didn't see the connection at that time. Although, it doesn't sound like her. But it still could be.

Well... I made a fully valid CSS/HTML/JavaScript page! It's for a modifaction for Source. All graphics ofcourse in PDN.

http://stephanheijl.110mb.com/worlddom/

No themes used, all built from te ground up :D (This doesn't belong to the Pictorium, because of the .htm suffixes :P I suppose it;s just showing off my 1337 CSS skills i aquired in a mere 3 days.)

To bad it isnt valid. You have no DOCTYPE, you dont determine parsing mode, and you dont declare your CHARSET. Get to work! lol

But all the code is valid... And every major browser will render it correctly (after fixing a transparacy bug in IE6.)

I got the help from:

http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/

:D

Also, Rubrica, is that a Firefox in your sig?

10 points to you! You're the first person to guess that. BoltBait thought it had eaten extremely hot chilli for lunch. :D I had to tell him what it was. I thought I'd go for a new colour scheme, and the graphic is so cute.

10 points to you! You're the first person to guess that. BoltBait thought it had eaten extremely hot chilli for lunch. :D I had to tell him what it was. I thought I'd go for a new colour scheme, and the graphic is so cute.

how come i dont get 10 points :( i noticed it as woon as i saw it :D its a fox and the tail is on fire :D fire+fox=firefox :D

anyway nice sig :D

ive just got my option choices and i think i may take ict photography and geography :D its hard to choose options when your one of the most undecisive people :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

how come i dont get 10 points :( i noticed it as woon as i saw it :D its a fox and the tail is on fire :D fire+fox=firefox :D

anyway nice sig :D

ive just got my option choices and i think i may take ict photography and geography :D its hard to choose options when your one of the most undecisive people :D

Well Stephan was the first person to actually say it. :D And by the way, it's indecisive.

10 points to you! You're the first person to guess that.

Technically, despite it being a fox on fire, that character is not 'Firefox' per se, rather Foxkeh, the Japanese mascot for Firefox.

I was going to say 'if it wasn't for coursework last night, I would have mentioned it', but people usually say something to that effect after being beaten to the post. Hence, genuineness thrown to the wind, I shall refrain from typing it.

;)

------------------------------------

I'm using Firefox Beta 4, and whilst liking the theme very much so, I am once again without my detrimental plugins, like British English Dictionary and Answers. And Hide Tab Bar. I'll stick with b3 for the time being until at the least the dictionary is updated. I can't be bothered to code-change the extensions again. I did, surprisingly, become used to an almost extension-void Firefox setup with b3.

EDIT: whilst on the subject of FFb4, the startup time after a cold boot was under five seconds, and that's with sixteen tabs to load, and rendering of the websites are decidedly quicker also; in all, I am very pleased with the FF3 development.

Well Stephan was the first person to actually say it. :D And by the way, it's indecisive.

good thing im not taking english oh waiat damn you have to take english its a core subject :( i hate english its soooo boring but i am quite good at writing but im not that presice when it ocmes to words i dont use often but huh who care it has the same meaning :D today in english we had to do part of a sats question and we were supposed to write a short paragraph on it...so i wrote a page :D lol

section8.png

10 points to you! You're the first person to guess that.

Technically, despite it being a fox on fire, that character is not 'Firefox' per se, rather Foxkeh, the Japanese mascot for Firefox.

I know that, I just call it a firefox. But now I come to think of it, I prefer Foxkeh.

EDIT: Also, I am so obsessed with how cute he is, I have installed the Foxkeh theme, I now use this addon, and my new tabs open like this instead of the normal white.

I just love that Foxkeh in your sig, Rubrica, he/she/it's so sweet! Good to see you finally ditched that Truth or Dare game sig... I'd love to get that Foxkeh theme for Firefox, but I've got v.3beta3, and the theme only works up to v.2... :(

New thing to ROFLOAO (sic, work it out, I made it less specific to myself) at: Firefox's onboard dictionary does not accept Firefox as a word! :lol:

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

I know that, I just call it a firefox. But now I come to think of it, I prefer Foxkeh.

EDIT: Also, I am so obsessed with how cute he is, I have installed the Foxkeh theme, I now use this addon, and my new tabs open like this instead of the normal white.

this is my firefox skin :Dhttp://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj16 ... enshot.png i didnt want to have you all load a big image :D

edit:

any fire fox user should get image bot it really helps but i cant be bothered to find a link :D it lets you upload an image to photobucket otr imageshack without having to visit the site :D and it has these already loaded into it :D

jagava6vc0kq.png

firefox7kn7gn.png

dont you think these are cool :D

section8.png

EDIT: no, I was wrong, I forgot I had switched back over to b3: 'Firefox' does exist in the b4 dictionary. Still read my post, though, for a fluke.

------------------------------------------

It does in the 3.0 beta.
Sorry to disappoint, but nope, it doesn't.

And yes, I know I misspelled 'performance', although I was about to use Google, and I knew it would offer me the correct suggestion and save me faffing about.

'Faffing' is in the Firefox dictionary, yet it is not in any official dictionary.

EDIT: no, I was wrong, I forgot I had switched back over to b3: 'Firefox' does exist in the b4 dictionary. Still read my post, though, for a fluke.

------------------------------------------

It does in the 3.0 beta.
Sorry to disappoint, but nope, it doesn't.

I am using beta 3 and it works for me - but maybe that is because I havn't got around to switching to a UK dictionary.

KaHuc.png

Oops, that could be one of those mad, deranged insane girls I keep on ranting about. Alisha Lawrence. I linked her to my blog, and she must have followed the link on my blog to your blog, and commented. I did mention your blog, and it's name, and she started saying something about animal protection all of a sudden, but I didn't see the connection at that time. Although, it doesn't sound like her. But it still could be.

Or it could be me. Or it could be CMD. Or maybe it was a Filipino monkey. The world may never know...

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+