The <off topic> thread

I highly recommend Visual Studio. It's all I've used for about the last 9 years.

Well, almost. There was a brief stint where I used some Java-based IDE for some homework in my Comp. Sci. 400-something "Compilers" class, but that's about it. And it sucked (the IDE).

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Today, the IE8 Public beta has been released! Are you guys gonna try it? I am, for one. Just for the sake of browser compatibility.

EDIT: Nevermind, it needs an update which requires a genuine version of Windows, while i borrowed this version till my new harddisk comes in...

Today, the IE8 Public beta has been released! Are you guys gonna try it? I am, for one. Just for the sake of browser compatibility.

I will try it out of interest to see how good it is - but I strongly doubt its features will exceed that of Firefox 3 beta.

I strongly doubt its feature will exceed that of Firefox 2.*.

;)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

I will try it out of interest to see how good it is - but I strongly doubt its features will exceed that of Firefox 3 beta.

I strongly doubt its feature will exceed that of Firefox 2.*.

;)

Or 1.. :shock:

Last time I bought a new computer and downloaded/installed Firefox, it took all of five minutes from clicking the "download" link to up-and-running.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

This being the off-topic thread, I have a new sig. :D

wallpapersignaturezs5.png

Firefox is the best! So is Relient K!

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!

Because I'm a bit lazy and posting there would mean having to rate the sig above me and I don't really like to do that... :D

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!

It's just rude. I'm going to say no, not allowed. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I ended up posting there and I did rate one...

It wasn't too bad...

I got out alive.

Bye Paint.NET!

Didn't pyro say something about running a version of linux from CD?

Knoppix is the one specifically designed for being a LiveCD. Mostly for fixing PC problems.

Ubuntu is the most non-geek friendly. It recommends its Live option primarily for deciding on whether or not you want to install it to HD.

Fedora is the most powerful, without going overboard. The LiveCD is also primarily used for fixing problems, and the full-install can be used for pretty much whatever the hell you want. Provided you can figure out the install :roll:

Can't. The college I go to uses Visual C++ Studio 2008. So if I want to be able to work at home I'm kind of stuck using it.

Visual Studio is a suite. It has C#, ASP2( or whatever it's called), C++ (managed and unmanaged), J#(ew...), Visual Basic(bleh...), dotfuscator(for preventing people from stealing your source via decompiling), Crystal reports( for data presentation or some such thing), and lots of other goodies. One you have it, it's all you'll ever need for Windows development, no matter what kinds of projects you work on.

Well, almost. There was a brief stint where I used some Java-based IDE for some homework in my Comp. Sci. 400-something "Compilers" class, but that's about it. And it sucked (the IDE).

Must have been Borland JBuilder .... bleagh! Takes 5 minutes to start up, lags like mad even when doing something as simple as typing comments. Takes forever to compile and even longer to begin execution. And it's just ugly. :D

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I have an idea for a thread - small tutorials too simple to go in the tutorials forum but still give interesting results could go there instead.

Not a bad idea, how about the tips and trick thread we already have?

I didn't know that existed. Link?

Edit: T/T seems to be more ased on tips for usdi g pdn. This would be for mini-tutorials too quick to be posted as proper tutorials.

KaHuc.png