The <off topic> thread

Group emails or PM's, group IM discussions, IRC channels, there are loads of options. There's no need to go nuts.

Edit, if there are a set number of teams then there could be x number of IRC / dAmn channels set up, one for each team. How team members communicated would be, ultimately, up to the members of the team.

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

Forums are better, with IRC and IM you have to be online at the time and its not easy to share info. With PM and email you can only contact one person at a time.

Exactly. Also, portions of a project wheather it is an individual render or what can be seperated by thread. The entry thread can still be hosted on this site, however.

signature.png

With PM and email you can only contact one person at a time.

Wrong, I can send an email that says the same thing to all of the contacts I have if I want to, the same applies to Pm's

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

I believe that the post levees have broken... :shock:

----

I noticed that usedHONDA is putting words in my mouth.

Ah well, since the sentiment is shared...

Speaking of, CMD hasn't been around for quite a while.

We miss you, Dan. :cry:

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Wrong, I can send an email that says the same thing to all of the contacts I have if I want to, the same applies to Pm's

My point is that email just isn't designed for long-winded discussion between tonnes of people. I may create a seperate (private) forum for my group.

KaHuc.png

I am just not sure. With polls, public announcements, seperate threads, PM, and email all in this environment of a competition would be better imo than just PM and email.

signature.png

Ah, actually, I think that was me...I'm not used to having an edit button and a quote button yet. :oops: :oops:

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Right, I wash my hands of the whole thing, you guys do what you want, but don't involve me this is just annoying me & I'm not in the mood to argue with people.

I hope you all have fun with my idea, all I want is not to be bugged about it constantly, or at all.

dA

sabrown, please tone it down a bit.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Ah, actually, I think that was me...I'm not used to having an edit button and a quote button yet. :oops: :oops:

Aha... the culprit found! :P

You know, since I did say it eventually, you could leave it with the explanation that uH was quoting something that I had yet to say...

Retro-quoting?

Like so:

Grand! Nice save.

I'm glad you agree. :)

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Grand! Nice save.

;-)

Helio, I had no idea you were precognizant.

Helio, I had no idea you were precognizant.

There are many things you don't know about me. ;)

Oh, and don't have the chicken for dinner tonight.