The <off topic> thread

As long as you're being sarcastic, then yes, it's a great ideal :)

_____

Lately, I've been adapting to a southern [Tennessee] accent. I hardly ever tried it in the past, but it suddenly feels natural to speak in the redneck language. I've tried a British accent (more specifically, Oxford), but to no avail. I suck at speaking properly, apparently :P

BTW, there's a lot less to speaking with a southern accent than you think. It's just a matter of pulling your tongue back a bit (very little) and using a different vocabulary. For example, instead of "I think I can speak with an accent", you'd say "Aaa reccun aam speekin een wiith aan aacksent".

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Anyone watching the lunar eclipse right now?

Cloudy night tonight. :-(

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Anyone watching the lunar eclipse right now?

Cloudy night tonight. :-(

Here too, but a big chance for ice tomorrow! :AddNoise: No school! :AddNoise:

lucky son of a.......

*mumbles*

I haven't seen snow since I was 5. :(

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Why are all the threads I usually visit the ones that get SQL errors?! :(

This begs the question of "why do I never visit the threads T_L does?" (except for this one).

:lol:

I don't know...all the cool people do. 8) ;)

Ah, that explains a lot. I wondered what I was missing...

My forumiversary was a couple of weeks ago. So I decided to go back to one of my old signatures:

finalDATTF-1.png

But as I was looking back through my Photobucket, I realized...that sig SUCKED! I mean, royally. I like the idea, but it just wasn't executed very well. Aliasing all over the place. No thank you.

So I remixed it. Some Alpha Mask, some Gradient Mapping...fun stuff! Just got around to finishing it.

Take a look-see (and, if it still looks like a shuttle, clear your cache with Ctrl+F5):

shuttlesig.png

(I had to save it as the same filename as my old sig's, or else my sig would not update, since our SQL problem won't let me get into my UCP. Sorry for the cache problem.)

So, why am I posting it in , not the Pictorium? Quite simple. See, the point of this post isn't so much to show off the images. It's more the point that it's only been slightly over a year since I've been a member of this forum. You can't see my PPD, since the SQL monster ate my profile, but it works out to be a little over 12 posts per day. Sad? Perhaps. But I've met some of the most awesome people on this forum - people who have made my life quite a lot more interesting in this past year. People who have put their trust in me to be a "janitor/security guard" of sorts as a mod. People who have stimulated my thinking, helped my art, and made me a better person in general.

Thanks for a great year, everyone!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I found the picture of pyro and his bloody potato bomb:

th_bloodypotatoness2.png

I think you've captured the essence of bloody potato perfectly.

Can you stick that under a creative commons license or something? I'd love to use it...

@david.atwell. Nice sig-sequel.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Thanks. Just wait until the Saga Edition... ;-)

I have a habit of remembering stuff once in a while. Just few pictures and they get stuck to my head and won't leave until I remember where that pic is from. Like the plot of a comic and few faces and I get the urge to reread it.

This time it's a game. A top down rpg shooter with a sci-fi jungle theme? You start in a 'town', go off to do quests and teleport all over the place.... Anyone recognize?

sig.jpg.7f312affa740bae49243c4439bc4a244.jpg

Very good d.A! Happy One-Year Forum Anniversary! :D :AddNoise: :mtdew:

QFT! Felicitations, david!

Notice... d.a, T_Lh, & myself, all joining within five days of each other... Coincidence? I think not... :P

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

You're using that word way too much. You're becoming the anti-Tenth Doctor :wink:

Already covered all my bases. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------

So, why am I posting it in , not the Pictorium?

Thanks for a great year, everyone!

Why did that sound as though you are leaving? Don't even think about it, I have ways of finding you.

Spiffing re-mix to your signature, by the way.

------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings again, Helio! Is it me, or have you been absent for a while?

Why did that sound as though you are leaving? Don't even think about it, I have ways of finding you.

Spiffing re-mix to your signature, by the way.

Leaving? Heavens, no! I'm just getting started! ;-)

Thank you, by the way. I had fun with the remix.

this topic[/url], ciberman_11":vpdspgs6]th_disco3.png

My version of the disc...

How much does that look like the control panel of a DHD? I'm not quite flabbergasted by this innocent coincidence, but as close to.