The <off topic> thread

Down the road I plan on it, but at first I will use PHPBB2 (I doubt I will use 3) so that I can focus mainly on the site and any complications. Really, I would say that I should stick it out with PHPBB but I want a close relation with commenting on site and posting on forums. It is really hard to say atm but I hope I have a bit more of a grasp on the situation soon.

signature.png

Babya Software is a ripoff in general.

The comparison with paint.net is especially hilarious. Why hasn't RB shut it down.

Because the license of Paint.NET actually allows what he's doing, as long as he doesn't remove the original credits of the program (which he tried at one point).

EDIT: Oh, if you're following the HDDVD vs. Blu-Ray war - it's over! >> Clicky Clicky!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

BRD won the battle hands down, almost from the beginning. To tell you the truth, I was rooting for HD-DVD in the beginning, but was forced to go the other way when I noticed that it was winning. It was only after that when I actually looked the two up on Wiki. BRD FTW!

Oh, and here's something I did in Inkscape earlier today:

Let_the_Bodies_Hit_the_Floor_by_usedHONDA.jpg

That song is stuck in my head!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

PS2!

And lest we forget, they created the CD.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

BRD won the battle hands down, almost from the beginning. To tell you the truth, I was rooting for HD-DVD in the beginning, but was forced to go the other way when I noticed that it was winning. It was only after that when I actually looked the two up on Wiki. BRD FTW!

Oh, and here's something I did in Inkscape earlier today:

That song is stuck in my head!

Thats a good song. I wish I could hear it but my speakers arnt working for some reason right now for some reason (probobly not plugged in). And also, HD-DVD died about a month ago, which i think is great. Blu-ray all the way! Now all i need to do is get a blu-ray drive for my computer.

I'm still alive!

Or switching forward to MP3s....

is posting from my archos 605 while connected to my tv also i cant find the enter key on this remote... i would say that this is one of the best if not the best mp3 players out there today if you dont mind carrying a brick in your pocket. other than its size it is an amazing pmp

just found the enter button...

I'm still alive!

Some random thing . . . .

Why is it that nearly everyone in my class at school says I speak posh! My parents aren't rich and English isn't even my mother-tongue language so why does everyone say I sound posh when I speak????!!!!! :evil:

(Still, that can be a compliment!)

I hardly live in a posh town - I live in Bexleyheath (near Kent) which is hardly very posh at all!

In other news, for those of you who don't know, I've got braces. Therefore, eating chcolcate is hard but now it's starting to get easier!

Plus, it's half term holiday for me!!!

Woohoo!!

Some random thing . . . .

Why is it that nearly everyone in my class at school says I speak posh! My parents aren't rich and English isn't even my mother-tongue language so why does everyone say I sound posh when I speak????!!!!! :evil:

(Still, that can be a compliment!)

I hardly live in a posh town - I live in Bexleyheath (near Kent) which is hardly very posh at all!

In other news, for those of you who don't know, I've got braces. Therefore, eating chcolcate is hard but now it's starting to get easier!

Plus, it's half term holiday for me!!!

Woohoo!!

Same here. A week of staying up 'till 2 in the morning :)

Also, seeing as it's half term, we should set up a COD4 match some time (360)

Why is it that nearly everyone in my class at school says I speak posh! My parents aren't rich...
Likewise. But you are young, you have many years of mocking to last.

The secondary school I attended wasn't the best to go to with such an accent. Sheffield born and bred, yet I don't sound it. Really, though, it's not that I sound posh (I loathe that label in every sense), just more polite and hold the ability to pronounce most of the syllables of the words I speak, unlike most others who seemingly carry text language into their spoken discourse like they don't have two brain-cells to rub together to know that there is a difference and that this difference should be upheld in certain social situations, like addressing a teacher, for example.

I have no problem with accent or dialect, I love to hear them, heck, I even study them, nor do I wish everyone to speak Queen's English* (not that I do, mind), but it's when text language is used as text speak. Irksome.

College is much better. Got with my first college girlfriend because of my accent 8).

And my holiday finished yesterday, now it's just a regular weekend where, as usual, on the Sunday I realise just how much coursework I've neglected. Joy of joys.

*also called Received Pronunciation, or BBC English for the fact that BBC newsreaders were conditioned to speak in this manner. Funny fact I found this to be.

Accents in the United States are just as bad. I'm looked down upon in Indiana as "stuck-up" because I have good, solid pronunciation with no accent. But to people in other states, I'm "backwater" because I use some words (such as y'all) which make me sound midwestern.

Yay for dialect!