ok, I took half a day off from work yesterday so I could come home and shovel (as my snowblower was useless on this heavy wet snow).

2-7-08snow.png

I shoveled 3 times yesterday...was supposed to go to Chicago today for a technical conference, but when I awoke, I found some #^&*% snow plow driver left 2 feet of snow in my driveway, which overnight turned into an iceberg.

I broke one shovel on it, bent another...got stuck for 45 minutes in my own driveway...needless to say, I didn't make it to Chicago

th_frozen-gift.png

Last weekend it snowed in the areas surrounding us & my sister boyfriend went into Norwich (our nearest city) & sent her a picture of the snow there from his phone, she sent him a message asking him to bring some back, which he did in an empty drink bottle.

I just thought I'd share that with you all, as that's what the Myrddin / Helio conversation reminded me of. :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

I just realized even MS Paint has custom brushes

Seriously? Show Me.

What you have to do is draw a line or something select it turn on transparency select hold shift and move it around

I see - but I wouldn't really call that custom brushes. I still think there should be two formats of brushes - simple images and dlls.

KaHuc.png

Seriously? Show Me.

What you have to do is draw a line or something select it turn on transparency select hold shift and move it around

I see - but I wouldn't really call that custom brushes. I still think there should be two formats of brushes - simple images and dlls.

im not quite following

omExTE6.png

JF, I'm saying I think there should be two types of custom brushes:

Images

These would be simple bitmaps that pdn uses when you draw with that brush. The advantage is that they would be fast and easy to make.

Dlls

This would be the same format used for effect and filetype plugins. They would take longer to make and be slightly slower - but you could achieve more interesting effects with them and they would be different every time.

KaHuc.png
JF, I'm saying I think there should be two types of custom brushes:

Images

These would be simple bitmaps that pdn uses when you draw with that brush. The advantage is that they would be fast and easy to make.

Dlls

This would be the same format used for effect and filetype plugins. They would take longer to make and be slightly slower - but you could achieve more interesting effects with them and they would be different every time.

oh, now i get what your saying, and i agree with this

omExTE6.png

Shall I create a thread for it so that RB hears about it?

no, the mods will say look at the popular requests, I think it would be better if you pmd him

What if I put it clearly that this is an extension to the origional idea?

i think that would be better just make it very clear

omExTE6.png

I like the .dll brushes idea. I'm guessing that you could input scatter radii and other random functions in it. Bringing the whole thing that much closer to Photoshop. xD

I suggested it because there are many plugins that could be made (I have had ideas for a few myself) but are only suitable to go in the toolbox. Anyway, further discussion of this idea can be done in the thread I just posted a link to.

KaHuc.png

I give you my hauling service as a gift. I'll even go halves with you on shipping. For a friend. ;)

Now, say that we ask FedEx to ship our roughly 2.5lb package from here to Sheffield, via FedEx International Economy. It would arrive next Wednesday, the 13th, for $85.78 USD.

Next concern would be refrigerated shipping... :shock:

I've got it. We could start... an area for donations? A link in our signatures... something similar to PDN's donation service? "Send Myrddin some snow!"

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Smashing! One buyer already...

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."