Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

I don't know, but I can tell you that

4518 Posts!

is significant. It's only the second time this post count has been achieved in the history of the forum! This post is a milestone I tell ya'!

How depressing that is. In fact, how depressing everything is. :(

*sniff*

You know, Jerkfight, you're a good friend, I can trust you. I think I'll send you a PM; I've had some issues pressing on my mind, and I'm sure you can help. Thanks.

You're a pal. :)

So, here's the idea.

In Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi, the Rebels use a coordinated assault that brings the Executor crashing into the Death Star II's hull. In addition, a shot fired by the strike squadron led by Wedge Antilles and Lando Calrissian destabilized the massive core of the planet-destroyer. These two actions together caused an unstoppable chain reaction that destroyed the Death Star II, nearly taking several members of the team (notably the strike squadron in the bowels of the ship, and Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker) down with it. A massive explosion rocked the system, dealing yet another harsh blow to the empire and causing the first decisive victory in a proactive strike that the Rebel Alliance achieved during the Galactic Civil War.

But what happened to all the debris?

A station that large exploding in orbit would create billions of tons of debris: structural metal, reactor lead, radioactive fuel, hyperdrive reactors, the Emperor's corpse. It had to go somewhere, but where?

What remained of the Empire released an official statement decrying the Alliance's actions. They killed the entire population of Endor with that single act, they said; radioactive and ballistic debris raining down upon the surface of the forest moon would certainly render the surface uninhabitable for a decade.

The Rebel Alliance (later the New Republic) denied this, of course, saying that not only did the Ewoks survive, they participated in the victory party on the planet's surface.

So what is the truth, and what are the myths?

I present, for your entertainment: http://www.theforce.net/swtc/holocaust.html

Hurray! I turn 17 at 1:35 AM tomorrow. :P

Hurray! I turn 18 at 1:11 AM 14 days after tomorrow. :P

Seriously... the similarities are striking. :shock:

Hurray! I turn 17 at 1:35 AM tomorrow. :P

Hurray! I turn 18 at 1:11 AM 14 days after tomorrow. :P

Seriously... the similarities are striking. :shock:

Wow. 1991 rules though........

Edit: Even though was close to being born in '90.

Guess what? Steve Jobs' Keynote speech is tomorrow! This is important to me because I want to be able to shoot all of his ideas down right when he says them :D

Definitely something to look out for, nonetheless. I'll keep my eye on Engadget.

You don't have to and I'm not forcing you to but is anyone interested in signing the "Save XP Petition"? All the links are under my signature.

Like I said, you don't have to although I hope you do!

Thanks to all you who do sign the petition! :D:D:D