The <off topic> thread

Thanks to a FF plugin callled FasterFox, I'm honestly finding my browsing spped is better.

*raises hand* I have FasterFox, though I never saw much of a speed improvement. In fact, there are times when websites won't work because of it (same with the Google Web Accelerator, which I also have). Hard to explain how this happens in 2 sentences, though. You'll just have to put the website on your exceptions list.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Ey er.. guys I need some help with Kaspersky, I have installed it and I can't seem to be able to set permissions to MSN Live to go online, I managed with that rule thingy that they have for permissions, but I can't seem to unblock MSN can any of you help me? I went to their forums but couldn't search anything there...

Because it's not worth posting a tutorial for, I'll post a mini-tut here on how I applied Polar Inversion to my SOTW sig (still being worked on), but it won't end up like mine because I forgot my Polar Inversion settings:

So I start out with this picture I took with a digital camera on a 3 second exposure to an LED and dim halogen lights:

Ahead_by_usedHONDA.jpg

Then I polar invert it to whatever setting looks decent (took me about a minute to find the right combination):

th_process1.jpg

After that, I cut the bottom half of the image out, paste it in a new layer, and flip it vertically (play around with layer blending once done):

th_process3.jpg

Then repeat by cutting the right side out and doing a few creative effects (like blurring):

th_process2.jpg

Then crop a sig-proportion selection out of the image and resize it to be a legal-dimensioned signature:

process4.jpg

I tried to do something similar to this but without the polar inversion, and it didn't look too pretty :?

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

Extended exposure photos are so stunning. I must experiment with it sometime soon.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Extended exposure photos are so stunning. I must experiment with it sometime soon.

Please do! Get the right combination of lights in a picture, and you have a hit!

did you just use different lights with the camera to get that effect? because its pretty awesome

Yeah, I just wave and twist the camera around a smooth as possible to get the result, but I must say, a 3 second exposure is longer than you think!

Wouldn't a better result be achieved by moving the lights around in front of a stationary camera? <_<

Edit: Of course, that is if you can move the lights. :)

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Wouldn't a better result be achieved by moving the lights around in front of a stationary camera? <_<

Tried that before, didn't work out very well :)

I'm on PDN chat... nobody here...

uH - my roommate did some long-exposure images. Look at http://zobijayo.deviantart.com - cool stuff!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Ooh, nice! I was looking at another one of his pics just to see what camera he uses, and he has a Nikon D40x. That's a really good camera! One of the best deals in DSLRs (~$650 for 8MP).

Yeah, that's my camera. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Sorry to confuse. :-) The above was facetious. My camera is nice (the Konica-Minolta he uses for the long-exposure shots), but not that nice. The Nikon belongs to our university; he checked it out for the project.

ALERT: You didn't make a compliment sandwich out of that, making the D40 look bad! Try this:

The D40 has terrific noise reduction, though it's focus isn't up to DSLR standards, but overall, it's a tremendous deal for beginners in Photography :)

Vote for Mike or take a hike >_>

I find this quite interesting on a dual level. I just realized this today: Since Huckabee, as a conservative, opposes tax increases, and liberals support them, one may quite literally have to take a (tax) hike if he's not elected. :-)

Good line. You should be his sloganeer.

He just took third in New Hampshire.

Congratulations to: barkbark00 jr.

Eh?