The <off topic> thread

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

It's my birthday - I'm 12!

Happy birthday :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks!

In other news:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Primeval is coming back next Satuday for series 2!!!! Yes! :D:D:mrgreen:

BY the way, is Primeval shown in any other countries apart from the UK itself?

Good work, Commander. Very nice indeed.

Heh, with me always calling him Sozo, it's a bit strange to see him being called Commander...

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

It's my birthday - I'm 12!

Good, now you're one year closer to be a legit forum user! :P

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Yeah, it's like "All the turrets have been annihilated, Commander!" :D

I've been thinking. What's so special about the iPhone? Is is the music part? It can't be, as music phones have been on the streets for years now. The web browser part? Nah, there have been browsers in phones since the dawn of time, and a number of them are fully-featured browsers ["not the mobile version of the internet, the the kinda sorta looks like the internet, it's just the internet."]. Is it the touch screen part? NO! There have been phones with touch screens, and most of them were a complete and udder failure! So what is it that makes the iPhone so special? The "i". The fact that it's from Apple. The fact that it's a descendant of the iPod. It's the engraved fruit logo on the back of it and the "i" in it's name that make the iPhone so special. "But this is the first time all of those features have been put together in a cell phone!" you say. Not true. "Huh?" you ask. It's called the Nokia N800, and it was released in January of last year.

Quick side-by-side comparison of the N800 and iPhone:

[blue = N800, and red = iPhone]

Price: $235 | $400

Screen size: 4.1in | 3.5 in

Screen resolution: 800×480 | 320×480

Memory: 128MB RAM, 256MB Flash | 8GB Flash

Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0, USB 2.0, WiFi | Bluetooth 2.0, USB 2.0, WiFi

Physical media: two SD slots (added microSD, miniSD, MMC, and RS-MMC support via adapter) | Nothing...

Audio: Sterero speakers /w optional headphones | headphone speakers /w stereo (there's a difference)

Weight: .5 lb | .3 lb

Note that I'm not including software in this comparison. That's because the Nokia wins by a mile, with things like Skype, Google Earth, Google Talk, Rhapsody, Flash 9, FM Radio, and more. Oh, and the N800 runs on a Linux OS.

As for appearance, the iPhone wins for simplicity, but the N800 is easier to use (it has directional keys!). And guess which phone has a webcam? The Nokia.

Also note that Nokia made an N810, which is a big upgrade to the N800 (and it looks more like an iPhone, but silver).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

Cool stuff going on at CES.

Best-looking MP3 players in the world:

iriver-homme-a-player.jpg

An HDTV that's less than .5 cm thick, and can achieve absolute black (meaning that you get an infinite contrast ratio:

project-kuro-advanced-design-concept-display_small.jpg

A 128GB.... flash drive!

samsung-128gb.jpg

A one-inch, 40GB hard drive for only $200!

1-inch-microdrive.jpg

3D HDTVs:

miracube-440.jpg

That's all the coolest stuff I've found so far that has to do with CES.

But that mp3 player looks ugly. The iRiver Clix is 20x better than that monstrosity.

I think your opinion is probably in the minority for that one... Besides, you can't really compare the looks of a shuffle-style player to a video-style player. Apples and oranges, y'know...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Yeah, I I'm pretty much in the minority everywhere :P. Opera, MP3 Players, J#...:P

So true...

Real deal or hoax? Perpetual motion device:

And the forum post that started it all: http://www.steorn.com/forum/comments.ph ... onID=59687

Happy Birthday "vista?"

I hope you have something better to do than surf this forum on your Birthday. ;)

We had 60-65 mile per hour winds over the weekend... several days with spotty electricity... rain... snow...

A 50 foot pine tree in my yard decided that it had had enough of my yard and wanted to see what my neighbor's yard was like.

It totally destroyed one fence post on its way. And, it made friends with my neighbor's oak tree--as evidenced by the fact that they were laying down together! :shock:

I went over there and picked it up and threw it back over the fence.

That damn thing was heavy, too. :mrgreen:

Since I couldn't do it all at once, it was a good thing I had a new chain saw at my disposal. :wink:

In related news... I'm tired. And sore. All. Over. :(

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

Happy Birthday "vista?"

I hope you have something better to do than surf this forum on your Birthday. ;)

We had 60-65 mile per hour winds over the weekend... several days with spotty electricity... rain... snow...

A 50 foot pine tree in my yard decided that it had had enough of my yard and wanted to see what my neighbor's yard was like.

It totally destroyed one fence post on its way. And, it made friends with my neighbor's oak tree--as evidenced by the fact that they were laying down together! :shock:

I went over there and picked it up and threw it back over the fence.

That damn thing was heavy, too. :mrgreen:

Since I couldn't do it all at once, it was a good thing I had a new chain saw at my disposal. :wink:

In related news... I'm tired. And sore. All. Over. :(

Wow, you sure can tell a good story. :o

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]