The <off topic> thread

Here's another unfunny joke:

A man buys a Aston Martin Vantage. Soon he gets bored of it so he decides to add things on to it to make it better.

-- So what do you call a Aston Martin Vantage with things added on?

A: Aston Martin ADvantage

You know, I wonder if I can give you my Pauly Shores award..... :)

What's the Pauly Shores award about then!? - (Don't worry, I've found out what that means!)

-----------------

=========================

Another unfunny joke:

Your nose is the centre of attention!!!!! (Get it!)

Roughly the nose is in the middle of one's face and it "sticks out" compared to all the other facial features therefore it's "the centre of attention".

A few days ago, I got a PM asking the fractal settings used on my signature. To prevent this from happening again, I did a slight modification to it.

:)

What you really needed there was some evil laughter (unless, i have misunderstood your post)!

Can anyone find me the link to the straight lines plug-in?

Nevermind I found it. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Exciting news! Great news! I'm shacking with happiness! I can't stop using exclamation points! Just read the email I got 10 minutes ago:

Dear Author,

I am an editor of a Japanese magazine called "iP!",a magazine for

Windows users with original CD-ROMs tooffer data/software.

I would like to introduce your "The next OS"

to Japanese Windows users.And I am glad that you would give me kind

permission to put your soft into our CD-ROM.

If OK,I would like to introduce your software continuously from now on.

Please let me know when you have any questions or find any problems for

introducing your soft.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes,

------------------------------------------------------

HIDEYUKI HAYASAKA from "iP!"

E-mail: removed by uH to prevent getting his inbox getting spammed by bots

SHINYUSHA Co., Ltd.

Kudan-kita Chiyoda-ku, 1-15-14,

Tokyo, 102-0073 JAPAN

removed by uH again

------------------------------------------------------

For all that don't know, this is my Next OS cursor pack:

__The_next_OS___v1_11_by_usedHONDA.png

Man, if I've ever been so speechless and excited over something on the internet in my life, this is it! This is the magazine's website (found after 5 minutes of Google Japan): http://ip-web.jp/ (eh, I need a translation)

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Congrats to the battered old wreck that is uH ;)

On another note, would people like / benefit from a Film Discussion / recommendation thread?

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

Partly from the awards & partly from another forum I frequent, so, yeah, ok. I'll go ahead & start up the Movie thread :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

Apparently, UH, you are committing an "offence" by posting a picture in your post from DA. This means that DA is actually uploading the image here on the forum.

As for my source, it came from a tut by Andrew D where someone mentioned this as he had posted images from DA which he has now changed.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20388&p=100236&hilit=+pattern#p100236

It would be nice if your cursor set had colour but overall the design is lovely!!

I'm using it now, it's lovely as I said, the transparency effect makes it even better! You should be proud of yourself!

Congratulations, uH! :-) We're all so proud...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thanks all :)

As for the hotlinking thing: heh. I looked it up, and it is illegal to hotlink, though I find that strange because Invasion Power Boards have a plugin where you can present your deviation with a cool border (I'll see if I can find one for you).

EDIT: http://www.joejoe.org/forum/index.php?s ... ntry119786

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Thanks all :)

As for the hotlinking thing: heh. I looked it up, and it is illegal to hotlink, though I find that strange because Invasion Power Boards have a plugin where you can present your deviation with a cool border (I'll see if I can find one for you).

Hopefully no will snitch to DA about what you've done/did/are doing.

As for the hotlinking thing: heh. I looked it up, and it is illegal to hotlink, though I find that strange because Invasion Power Boards have a plugin where you can present your deviation with a cool border

Great way to get someone's dA account frozen. :twisted:

(Not that I would ever do that.)

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

I've been thinking about submitting some of my stuff on dA as prints. Some of the clauses in the prints policy are acceptable but section 11 (quoted below) is less acceptable.

Licenses to deviantART.

For the purposes of offering your Artwork for sale and fulfilling orders for your Artwork through the Print Program and for the period during which your Artwork is placed in the Print Program, you grant to deviantART a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, right and license to (a) reproduce, distribute, transmit, publicly perform and publicly display the Artwork, in whole or in part with or without the Artwork of others, in any manner and media including, and not as a limitation, uses of the Artwork to promote the Print Program and deviantART; (B) modify, adapt, translate, create, re-format, store and create derivative works from the Artwork, in whole or in part, in any manner and media, and © sublicense the foregoing rights, in whole or in part, to any third party, with or without a fee. You hereby grant to deviantART and its sublicensees a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use all trademarks, trade names, and the names and likenesses of any individuals that appear in the Artwork and the right to use the name that you submit in connection with the Artwork.

By my understanding, this means that they can use this whenever & wherever they want without consulting me & certainly without paying me, they can also give it to any 3rd party companies they like without my consent. The money side of it I'm less bothered about, but I don't want my work used as some grotty advert that I don't support. I have yet to read the entire thing so I could be jumping to conclusions but I'm doubting that. It's a shame as I'd quite like to submit the linked pieces as prints in one form or another but this is really off-putting. Ah well, nothing's free in this life.

dA

As for the hotlinking thing: heh. I looked it up, and it is illegal to hotlink, though I find that strange because Invasion Power Boards have a plugin where you can present your deviation with a cool border

Great way to get someone's dA account frozen. :twisted:

(Not that I would ever do that.)

You may have just encouraged evil, BoltBait! :)