The <off topic> thread

Guys, can you rate my web page please!

What do you think of it (bear in mind, I'm only 11)?! I designed all by myself using "raw" HTML + CSS. Of course, BoltBait deserves a big thanks for his free HTML editor which was superb. :D:D

I've only just finished the home page so the links on the navigation bar won't work! (in other words, this page is still under construction!) Also, bear in mind that this page may go down soon for more work.

Here's the link: http://www.fazalmahmood.talktalk.net/Homepage.html

I beg of you to use FF and IE to view this page because when you use FF, a little bug appears which doesn't on IE!

PS: Try and guess my ISP! It's fairly easy if you look at the link!!!!!

Your ISP is TalkTalk, your website has no folders, and the parent directory isn't blocked. Basically, anyone can view the content of your website.

To fix the FF bug, your

's need to be changed to , otherwise your technically filling a space with nothing.

There is also no point defining length values if you can't gave the body a length. Which you haven't, making that code not work to the full.

There's a lot of bugs, and it's unpleasent on the eye. And the background could at least be seamless, or more simple. And workable on all resoulutions. Take mine or CMD's website background. Ours our 1600 by 8 pixels. That'll do for everyone.

Guys, can you rate my web page please!

What do you think of it (bear in mind, I'm only 11)?! I designed all by myself using "raw" HTML + CSS. Of course, BoltBait deserves a big thanks for his free HTML editor which was superb. :D:D

I've only just finished the home page so the links on the navigation bar won't work! (in other words, this page is still under construction!) Also, bear in mind that this page may go down soon for more work.

Here's the link: http://www.fazalmahmood.talktalk.net/Homepage.html

I beg of you to use FF and IE to view this page because when you use FF, a little bug appears which doesn't on IE!

PS: Try and guess my ISP! It's fairly easy if you look at the link!!!!!

Your ISP is TalkTalk, your website has no folders, and the parent directory isn't blocked. Basically, anyone can view the content of your website.

To fix the FF bug, your

's need to be changed to , otherwise your technically filling a space with nothing.

There is also no point defining length values if you can't gave the body a length. Which you haven't, making that code not work to the full.

There's a lot of bugs, and it's unpleasent on the eye. And the background could at least be seamless, or more simple. And workable on all resoulutions. Take mine or CMD's website background. Ours our 1600 by 8 pixels. That'll do for everyone.

Thanks for all the info! :) The web page has no gone down for more "maintenance".

Do you guys like my new type of posting?

if you dont know what im talking about watch my posts ,

then you will see it :)

Anyway , how are you guys doing?

P.s. im searching an font that has some kind of bomb or an mini fire in it, i need for some glass buttons.

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

It's kind of distracting from what could be an important argument you're making. Albeit, the boldface text does attract the user to the key points of your dialogue, hence used correctly, but it's really not necessary to that degree for forum use (that is, general forum use, not just this one) unless it is actually meant to serve a graphological purpose (i.e. emphasis emulating spoken-discourse). EDIT: In my opinion, of course.

Have you tried dafont.com? Try searching with key words such as 'bomb' or 'explosion'.

Then there are also other font archives such as 1001fonts.com, and of course Googling for such a font may turn up a few odd sites.

Are you looking for a font with that exact image or one that looks marginally alike?

If you are looking for one with that particular graphic, but can't find it, I would suggest either tracing it with Paint.NET or, my personal recommendation, tracing it on a vector program, such as Inkscape, where you could then scale it to whatever size you need it for without loss of quality, Plus, a vector drawing is as close to a font as you'll get without it being a font.

Hm, well, I can't seem to find one that matches your criteria, nor even the type of bomb you are looking for (in which case, you could have mixed and matched a few fonts - one bomb, another the spark), so I would draw your own, or just use the example you gave. Although, depending on your intended purpose for the graphic, the example you have may be unsuitable, as you no doubt already knew.

I say trace. How do you feel about that?

Okay , but i can't do it here , i will post it within 2 days!:)

P.s. thanks for the help!

PS.s you are almost On 2000 posts!

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

Lovely.

EDIT: would it make it easier if I created a vector image for you and you use that? Do you have access to a vector program? If not, download Inkscape from here: http://www.inkscape.org/download/?lang=en (following the links to the Windows .exe installer).

Even if you only use the program for this one project, it is always good to have a vector program at hand.

EDIT2: you're right, I am nearly at 2000 posts, and this post also marks the post that matches my birth year.