The <off topic> thread

Why do so many sat-navs have a femal voice programmed in as default.

When you think about it, why do they?

Would you want to listen to the elegant, articulate voice of a woman commanding you to do her biding, or the voice of a prospective larger-lout of a bloke?
On the other hand, How the hell do I convert divx movies to avi or something!!! :twisted:
Use and audio converter*.

*one of many.

On the other hand, How the hell do I convert divx movies to avi or something!!! :twisted:

*one of many.

Audio converter for converting video? Surely you'd want a video converter?

You could try something like ZamZar.....

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

Oh. My. Dingbats.

I made the new SOTW Discussion thread today, and I included a little something I like to call "The SOTW Annals of History!" which chronicles the past themes and winners of the SOTW since its inception. That turned out to me much more work than I'd bargained for, considering that the Google Custom Search only has through #8 indexed. And the forum search didn't return any results when I tried.

I hope you like it! :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Thanks. :)

I'm trying to run this competition a little more predictably from now on, with a schedule and everything! I figure, if people know with certainty that there will be a new competition every other week, and there will be a voting window every off-week, then perhaps more people will participate and, more importantly, more people will vote, since there's now a set schedule to which people can become accustomed.

Here's hoping for a magnificent voting turn-out!

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

*one of many.

Audio converter for converting video? Surely you'd want a video converter?

That was a bad day, I have no excuse. Although the product linked to, CinemaForge, is a video editor, so I have no idea why I put 'audio'.

It was (is). I prefer Illustrator CS2's flower, myself.

@BB: How much wood would a BoltBait chuck if a BoltBait had a Husqvarna chainsaw?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.