The <off topic> thread

Congratulations to: JELP (16)

QFT. I wonder where Jelp went?

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Husqvarna, eh? Absolute bloody potato. Stihl rocks.

I hate my job.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Husqvarna, eh? Absolute bloody potato. Stihl rocks.

I'm thinking that you are in the minority on that one. 8)

Probably. See, at my job, we rent Husqvarna. Ergo, I hate Husqvarna. Stihl is their competitor. Enemy of my enemy's friend is my friend.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

[...]Enemy of my enemy's friend is my friend.

So wait... your enemy is your job and Husqvarna (how is that even pronounced? :shock:) is your enemy's friend. And Stihl (which I like better already because it's easier to pronounce :wink:) is a competitor to Husqvarna.

So therefore

"Stihl, the enemy of Husqvarna, which is friend of your job, is your friend."

That wasn't unnecessarily convoluted at all... >_>

Husk-verna.

And yes, quite unnecessary. :-) Don't ya love it?

Words to live by. "The enemy of my enemy's friend is my friend."

The enemy of my enemy's friend's friend's enemy's enemy's friend's enemy's enemy's enemy's friend's friend's friend's enemy's friend's enemy's enemy's enemy's friend's friend's enemy's friend's enemy's friend's friend's friend's enemy's enemy's enemy's friend is my friend's enemy's enemy's friend's enemy's enemy's enemy's friend's friend's friend's enemy's friend's enemy's friend's enemy's friend's friend's enemy's enemy's friend's friend's enemy's friend's enemy's friend's friend's friend's enemy's enemy's friend.

On the contrary! That narrows it down quite a bit.

w00t! About time someone noticed. :-)

Kidding. So...I LOVE HDTV.

:? im confused :? anyway just saw the Golden Compass, i couldnt tell of any anti-religion in it

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

I think the big controversy isn't over the film, but the books it's based upon.

Everyone's worried that kids will want to read the books, which (apparently) have strong atheist beliefs in them, after watching the 'harmless' movie. I personally don't want to see it, just because I don't really get into those big 'fantasy' tales.

the movie in my opinion was good

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

Meh, to each his own. Something about polar bears in armor just doesn't scream "MUST SEE" to me. :wink:

A year and a few months ago, I had a trial version of Flash 8. During my month trial I created this 'music video' for Relient K's "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" (which is a cover of a Veggietales song :wink:) Armed with having a full version that I'm able to use whenever I please, I've gotten much better at Flash, as can be evidenced in my recent tutorials (which honestly are very basic. :/) but this was the first Flash video I made... :lol:

Enjoy. >_>

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/321589

i like the video, nice job

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

Good video but the audio quality was a little lacking, that's possibly because I'm listening to that through prefesional studio monitors. :)

;)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

I've always loved that song. And I loved that video.

"Not what you're thinking." Hehe...I just wish it had more.

Oh, people were talking about the Golden Compass weren't they...

I'm not going to see the film, partly because (1) Hollywood has ruined things I love in the past (Hitch Hikers Guide To the Galaxy) & I don't want some of the best books I've read ruined. Other reasons that I'm not going to see the film are because of the fact that it's (2) not called Northern Lights, that's the name of the first book in the trilogy as far as us Brits are concerned & that's the way it should be for the films. Reason 3 is that (3) Lyra the main character is so terribly acted, I saw a trailer for it & she was terrible. The final reason I'm not going to see it is partly related to numero 2 in that (3) they call an Alethiometer a Golden Compass, get it RIGHT argh.

Anyway, I'm not going to see it, if anyone wants to know why, read ^that ^ :P

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

i saw the movie yesterday, i liked it, and i didnt personally see a problem with it, but i didnt read the book, so i wouldnt know, any was since this is my *** number post im off to make another post

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix