The <off topic> thread

how is it though that you only score a 4.1 :? graphics card, i dont have a great machine like that, and i score a 5.0

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

Could be version of Vista for which his hardware is inadequate. I stress 'could be'.

Speaking of which, would I regret asking which is better for a laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Turion 64X2?

Hardware really is not my field of expertise.

I'll 'ave one of 'dem accent>

@ Myrddin, a couple of pages back: I entirely agree. Gordon Brown is an utter hypocrite, and should not have got into power the why he did...

Hmm... Where to start. Let's start at the beginning:

1. * We should have had a General Election when Blair stood down
    * If he was confident of both his abilities as a politician, and his party then he would have called an election during all that fuss during the party conferences
    * His party has, so far, been ineffectual and weak at quelling the various strikes that have happened and shall happen (postal service and police)
    * Not only has he entirely gone back on his promise to give us a referendum on Europe, he has signed away our rights, as a state, to self-governance, and not even bothered to turn up on time or show his face. Another sign of his non-existent confidence in both himself and us as a nation.

I reckon that Brown is an even worse PM than Blair. At least Blair had his spin. Brown has nothing now. Nothing to keep him in power except his lack of general elections.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

I'll 'ave one of 'dem accent>

@ Myrddin, a couple of pages back: I entirely agree. Gordon Brown is an utter hypocrite, and should not have got into power the why he did...

Hmm... Where to start. Let's start at the beginning:

1. * We should have had a General Election when Blair stood down
    * If he was confident of both his abilities as a politician, and his party then he would have called an election during all that fuss during the party conferences
    * His party has, so far, been ineffectual and weak at quelling the various strikes that have happened and shall happen (postal service and police)
    * Not only has he entirely gone back on his promise to give us a referendum on Europe, he has signed away our rights, as a state, to self-governance, and not even bothered to turn up on time or show his face. Another sign of his non-existent confidence in both himself and us as a nation.

I reckon that Brown is an even worse PM than Blair. At least Blair had his spin. Brown has nothing now. Nothing to keep him in power except his lack of general elections.

Ah, everyone loves moaning at labour at the moment. I'm not joking, next week I'll probably ask myself "So, which scandal will happen this week?". I'm not joking, they quite literally have a scandal EVERY week now.

And I much prefered Blair, at least he stood for some time as the party for the middle class man, but obviously someone kicked that in the head a lot. And put it into a coma.

AND, of course, we all know who should really be running the country anyways, Monkeys :) (if you watched Never Mind The Buzzcocks (that is the name of it, no swearing intended) a few weeks ago, you'll know what I mean)

All the advice I have for one such as him would run along the lines of at least trying to look like you know what you're doing... Why do we put up with it?

@ Andrew: Monkeys could do a better job! Also, wasn't that on Have I Got News For You?(?) And, yes, it seems to be scandal-a-minute now... Still, it gives the tabloid editors a lot to "write" about...

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

All the advice I have for one such as him would run along the lines of at least trying to look like you know what you're doing... Why do we put up with it?

@ Andrew: Monkeys could do a better job! Also, wasn't that on Have I Got News For You?(?) And, yes, it seems to be scandal-a-minute now... Still, it gives the tabloid editors a lot to "write" about...

Ah, yeah it was on HIGNFY. I watch to many comical quiz shows :)

Speaking of which, would I regret asking which is better for a laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Turion 64X2?
Ignore me, no matter. The AMD laptop in question has a greater processor speed than the Intel, and a greater FSB. What's more, its specifications (bar HDD capacity) even outbeats other, more pricey laptops (upwards of £1,000), so I can guess I'm onto a good thing for my under £500 budget.

@Andrew: comedic quiz shows are a necessity in life, you know.

And so, in the year (err, page) 443, English politics dominated the thread...

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Well why not? It's as good as any other politics, if you ignore the party-politics, the backstabbing, the kniving, selling our rights to self-governance and extreme ineffectuality...

And, Myrddin, I agree wholeheartedly. Along with food, water and shelter, news-based panel comedy quiz shows are a necessity of life...

~John Lennon

how is it though that you only score a 4.1 :? graphics card, i dont have a great machine like that, and i score a 5.0

It has a Radeon X1550 video card. This thing was built for CPU benchmarking, the video card was deemed unimportant. Everything else scores at like a 5.9 ...

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Well why not? It's as good as any other politics, if you ignore the party-politics, the backstabbing, the kniving, selling our rights to self-governance and extreme ineffectuality...

So yeah - as good as any other politics.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

It has a Radeon X1550 video card. This thing was built for CPU benchmarking, the video card was deemed unimportant. Everything else scores at like a 5.9 ...

EDIT: forgot to say how that makes good sense, not to have a good graphics card

wow, that is an amazing machine, 8 cores :shock: very cool

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

I'm sorry, Bob. I wasn't meaning to make an inflammatory remark, I have nothing against English politics. In fact, I think that in many ways England is going in a better direction than our misguided and sinful country. I tend to dislike politics greatly, and usually take a cynical stance in political conversations.

And I don't mean to cut or dismiss your conversation, but if you wouldn't mind, could you possibly take it to the 'Rants' thread? To me, at least, It is very tiring to hear about the troubles of the world on a nice Graphics Application forum, when it is so hard to escape it in everyday life... ;)

Thank you, and again, my sincere apologies.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Hey Rick, I'm coming to Kirkland with the sole purpose being to take a few of those RAM chips off your hands.

kthxbai!

And I'm riding shotgun. 8)

*Panhead secretly hops into the trunk of the car*

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

Hey Rick, I'm coming to Kirkland with the sole purpose being to take a few of those RAM chips off your hands.

kthxbai!

*Andrew D goes to Rick's house quicker then them and warns him, and then recieves PDN 4.0 from Santa*

kthxbai!

Sozo stays at home, cause 4 gigs is all he needs!

look back a few pages

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix