The <off topic> thread

I was mere seconds away from posting my sig-tut. Then, the unthinkable happened. Firefox crashed. I have a saved draft, but it's only about halfway complete... I tried to recover my work from Firefox's cache, but to no avail.

Yeah. That's EXACTLY why I'll NEVER use FireFox. Totally buggy.

IE forever!!!

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

I was mere seconds away from posting my sig-tut. Then, the unthinkable happened. Firefox crashed. I have a saved draft, but it's only about halfway complete... I tried to recover my work from Firefox's cache, but to no avail.

The sig u have now? That sucks, thats why i save on note npad first

omExTE6.png

No, the one people have been asking for a tutorial for for the past few months. And I use Notepad++ for most things, but I needed the Preview function of the forum.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

No, the one people have been asking for a tutorial for for the past few months. And I use Notepad++ for most things, but I needed the Preview function of the forum.

I see... U mean the water reflection w/ the horizontal bars , right?

Gradient bars i mean

omExTE6.png

Notepad, copy and paste to forum to see preview. :)
(Almost*) Exactly how I did my tutorials.

*MS Word

I love Notepad. How can you not like its Vista icon? Really, I do. I also love NP++, but haven't used that since I gave up on HTML.

You know, Myrddin - on my computer, I set Notepad++'s icon to the Vista Notepad icon. ;)

Best of both worlds! :)

Although, as simple text editors go, Notepad is nice.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Aaahh! My computer has some sort of crazy virus. It took over my computer and started to change my settings! As soon as I noticed that the cursor was moving by itself, I turned the computer off and got off my internet connection. The next day, I switched my Master and Slave hard drive around, changing my operating system to something a little safer-- Ubuntu. So at this point, I'm running a Linux distro with all my useful info on a secondary drive, loaded with a virus I may have to find and destroy myself. In the process, I'll change my passwords.

The weird thing is that I haven't even downloaded any programs for weeks, and that was Blender (and a month earlier, Apophysis3D).

EDIT: BB uses IE? Wow, he's really in denial. I've had more trouble with IE than FF. FF has only crashed 3 times on this computer: one was because of emote spamming in PDN chat, another was because a few folders in my hard drive got corrupted after a lightning strike, and the last was me zooming in and out on a big Line Rider track. All of them are completely understandable. IE used to slow down on me because I had it open for a few hours, yet I can have FF open for three weeks and it keeps truckin' along just fine. Oh, and IE7* is 16MB while FF is 6MB. IE took an hour to install, FF took 3 (if you include the Google toolbar). In IE, you can get toolbars and hacks, while on FF you can customize every aspect of the program, down to the properties of the scroll bar.

*The core version of IE (preloaded with XP) is over 75MB

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Notepad, copy and paste to forum to see preview. :)

I was doing that... but got lazy...

I switched my Master and Slave hard drive around, changing my operating system to something a little safer-- Ubuntu.
You're physically moving drives around just to switch OSs?! Use a boot loader... GRUB, LILO, Vista's BCD-thingy... whatever, just... use something.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Well... you're too geeky! :P

You're right. I spend too much time on the computer. I think I'm gonna stop using computers altogether. Except for school purposes. So, I guess that means I won't be able to program anymore.

He meant it as a complement. :wink:

For those with a Photobucket account:

How much images do you have in your account? I have like 1222.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I'm being trivial, I know, but this makes it sound as though Firefox took three hours to install, which, as we know would make it an IE-wannabe. Overkill wannabe.

IE took an hour to install, FF took 3 (if you include the Google toolbar).
Perhaps minutes?

Speaking of boot loaders, I have GRUB on my machine, installed when I added Ubuntu to a partition. Promblem is, Ubuntu is greedy, and unlike other distros of Linux I've installed before, it didn't give me the option to set my default boot sector. As such, every time I restart, I have to watchdog my computer until GRUB initiates so I can manually stop it from automatically booting Ubuntu.

I searched the Internet for a GRUB user guide to research changing the default boot entry, but to little avail. I think I figured out how to change it on my own, but really, the last thing I want to do is screw around with the thing that lets my computer even start when I don't know what I'm doing...

So, yeah, kind of a masked cry for NOT technical support. :wink:

Has anyone of you Linux enthusiasts seen a GRUB default boot sector changer manual anywhere out there?

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Already do! We have Paint.NET Developer, Administrator, and Moderator. ;)

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."