The <off topic> thread

I do remember this, though: Professor Yana opening the pocketwatch-timepiece with the accompanying instrumental music has been the only time I have ever had a shiver run down my spine because of a television show. Classic moment.

Oh, yeah. The whole Yana - ****** reveal was astoundingly well done.

(Plot spoiler starred out. Click the stars if you want to know who I meant.)

As for mail: The U.S. Mail service has never really let me down, nor has UPS. I've had some minor problems with FedEx. But wow...I never realized the British mail service was so unreliable.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

It's not too bad normally, I think this is the 1st tome that anything like this has happened to me, but it's still really annoying that it's happened.

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

Any other postal service available here has been fine; DHL, UPS, even Royal Mail's own Parcel Force, it's just foot-mail which have the problems. It's all not that bad, as Matt said, but it's bad enough. And it's also not the first time my parcels of a DVD kind in particular have gotten 'lost within the system', if you know what I'm insinuating... This could actually be part and due to the corruption of the postmen of our area rather than the Royal Mail as a whole, however, even still, this shouldn't have happened on more than one occasion.

Any other postal service available here has been fine; DHL, UPS, even Royal Mail's own Parcel Force, it's just foot-mail which have the problems. It's all not that bad, as Matt said, but it's bad enough. And it's also not the first time my parcels of a DVD kind in particular have gotten 'lost within the system', if you know what I'm insinuating... This could actually be part and due to the corruption of the postmen of our area rather than the Royal Mail as a whole, however, even still, this shouldn't have happened on more than one occasion.

That's basically the people who work there steal your stuff because they're greedy buggers. And that's why the Royal Mail sucks. Well, and also because the people who own it only want it to make a profit.

In an older, more Doctor Who-"Blink" topic - I do like the idea that we saved Sally Sparrow. :-) (Yes, I'm a member of the Outpost Gallifrey forum. Call me a geek. See if I care. :-))

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Am too! :-)

(Yes, I'm a member of the Outpost Gallifrey forum...

Likewise! And I've found your post! Also, while looking for your post, I found another Sheffieldian: 'The Head of Orpheus'. Now I need to find this figure and strike a lasting Who-ationship with them.

I haven't been a member that long, only but a few mere months, nor have I racked up my post count; I'm a bit of lurker for the fact that the site is so large. This is what's great about this forum, it's a nice, close-necked community where, if it were not for signatures or avatars, you can easily tell Who is Who.

EDIT: according to my profile, I have seven posts and joined 18 June 2007, which was five days prior to the airing of the penultimate season finale episode The Sound of Drums.

----------------------------------------------------

Congratulations ncfan51!

Likewise! And I've found your post!

Are you "Myrddin" there, as well?

You are not losing your mind. It was unfortunately lost with the move over to this new forum. Since the creator has yet to return, I've had it hosted over at CMDSketchpad: here

If the creator ever returns and reminds us all where the original is, I'll gladly stop hosting it on my server.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

The other possibility is that it's already been lost, of course....

Am I losing my mind or has the GREYCstoration thread disappeared?

Your phrasing would indicate a strict OR relationship: Either the thread has disappeared OR you are losing your mind. Given that relationship, you are not losing your mind. Given present evidence, however... :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

That introduces a previously undefined variable...

NullReferenceException

shutting down...

BSOD