Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

The same is true about me. I only looked at the Tutorials. I may have scanned the rest of the forum once or twice to see what all of this was about, but I mainly hung around in the Tutorials.

(FYI: I was about to use the word hanged, but I decided not to after I looked it up. Hanged is the past-tense form of "hanging" (as in dangling a body from a rope around the neck). Hung is the past-tense form of the other "hanging" (as in to loiter).)

I was about to use the word hanged, but I decided not to after I looked it up. Hanged is the past-tense form of "hanging" (as in dangling a body from a rope around the neck). Hung is the past-tense form of the other "hanging" (as in to loiter).

Trust me, we're all glad you decided not to end your life here. So much paperwork... :-)

NI!

EDIT: messed up the quote tag pretty bad...

One of Rick's recent posts ...

Sorry, we won't do your work for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (see, I can use multiples too)

...gave me a good chuckle :lol:

Oh, Rick, come on! Now we see the violence inherent in the system!

Help! Help! I'm being repressed! with exclamation marks :-)

So, David, want try and do that entire page convo again :D

I was at my Grandma's yesterday, and I done a pretty nice pic of some flowers using two bingo markers and two pens :D

I'll put it up once I can find the camera.

Also, the post guys are back on strike on Monday.

*sigh* striking stinks. I'm going on strike to protest it. :-)

Seriously, though, why are labor unions still around? I think they just mess stuff up. Government regulations have caught up with the labor unions' original purposes anyway (in the US, at least; better work conditions [solved by regulations], minimum wage [established by regulations], and such). So why are they still around? YOUR JOB IS DONE HERE. GO HOME. Er, go to work. :-)

I want my Doctor Who. :-(

EDIT: Sure, let's fill up a page.

*sigh* striking stinks. I'm going on strike to protest it. :-)

Seriously, though, why are labor unions still around? I think they just mess stuff up. Government regulations have caught up with the labor unions' original purposes anyway (in the US, at least; better work conditions [solved by regulations], minimum wage [established by regulations], and such). So why are they still around? YOUR JOB IS DONE HERE. GO HOME. Er, go to work. :-)

I want my Doctor Who. :-(

EDIT: Sure, let's fill up a page.

Well, they're still here in the UK because the UK governmen sucks (I would insert a common AVGN word in here, but I'm afraid I'd get banned)

Seriously, they can't recgonise what is good and what is bad, if your in the UK and don't know what I mean, your insane.

I hate this lesson we have at school, it's called Learning 2 Learn. Those three words explain it and it's badness. So, here begs the question, what subject do you despise the most?

My least favorite subject would probably be marine biology...bad experience with an ex-girlfriend; though I find it beautiful, I don't want to hear about how to train dolphins ever again as long as I live :-)

My least favorite class would undoubtedly be a stupid class I have called "Directed Study." Essentially, it's How to Find a Job. Which is cool. But they're trying to stretch three hours of content into an entire semester, and it's utterly worthlss.

What's so bad about "Learning 2 Learn," then? Sounds...hip... :-P

My least favorite subject would probably be marine biology...bad experience with an ex-girlfriend; though I find it beautiful, I don't want to hear about how to train dolphins ever again as long as I live :-)

My least favorite class would undoubtedly be a stupid class I have called "Directed Study." Essentially, it's How to Find a Job. Which is cool. But they're trying to stretch three hours of content into an entire semester, and it's utterly worthlss.

What's so bad about "Learning 2 Learn," then? Sounds...hip... :-P

Put it like this, it's like telling you how to learn which could be covered in one day, but instead they drag it out for 3 whole years. Three god dammed years.

I was sick of it the first day I done it, and I still am. Yet our headteacher has a millionaire lifestyle because we have to "learn to learn". In all fact, I actually call it "learn to [insert non-family friendly word here]"

Yeah, it may sound good (your insane), it may look good (your insane) but when you get taught it.....(if you like it, your insane).

Quite simplally, it sucks :)

When I'm finally able to learn Visual C#, guess what happens.....Visual Studio crashes when ever I start a new project, even when I've met the system specs for it and got above the recommended ones. It sucks worse than Learning 2 Learn.

When I'm finally able to learn Visual C#, guess what happens.....Visual Studio crashes when ever I start a new project, even when I've met the system specs for it and got above the recommended ones. It sucks worse than Learning 2 Learn.

I HATE when programs just don't work. It's very frustrating.

And this is kind of sad:

Total posts: 1736

[2.02% of all posts / 7.00 posts per day]

So, if you only read fifty entirely random posts on this forum in a visit, you've got better-than-even likelihood of reading one of mine. I'm eleventh on the post count list, and one of only eight in the top 20 that have joined since the start of 2007.

How sad is that?

EDIT: I hope the one that Random Person reads isn't this one... out of context, it would undoubtedly freak 'em out into leaving forever... :D

@Andrew D: That's because of Microsoft's bad programming skills... :P

@d.a: I "win":

Total posts: 4082

[4.75% of all posts / 13.25 posts per day]

I had a 15 post-per-day rate two months ago...

EDIT: Back in the day (early summer) I had almost 7.5% of all posts. This forum is growing too fast.

Joining in the festivities:

Total posts: 1506

[1.75% of all posts / 6.75 posts per day]

Most active forum: The Overflow

[ 790 Posts / 52.46% of your posts ]

Most active topic: The thread

[ 350 Posts / 23.24% of your posts ]

13 | Myrddin | Sat 3 March, 2007 8:17:01 pm | 1506

Six posts away from T_Lh who is in 12th position.

Ooh! Ooh! Me next :D

Last visited: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:20 pm

Total posts: 672

[0.78% of all posts / 4.45 posts per day]

Search user’s posts

Most active forum: The Overflow

[ 455 Posts / 67.71% of your posts ]

Most active topic: The thread

[ 184 Posts / 27.38% of your posts ]

24 ncfan51 Mon May 14, 2007 2:40 pm 672

You know... this thread has a great significance. I've said this a number of times in the past, but these are just one of those times that it hits me harder than an

. It has significantly reduced the number of threads being started in the Overflow and has become the second largest thread in the forum, where the largest has been alive for over a year and the offtopic being a few months.

I agree, quite significant (and accounting for nearly half of my posts). Stroke of genius - it seems like it's always been here!

That F-3000 thing.. :shock:

I had it bookmarked, waiting for the perfect time to post it. It was sorta funny when the Japanese commentator started speaking so fast :P

BTW, I have about 30 other bookmarks that I'm waiting to post, too :D

EDIT: Just noticed, the commentator uses English in the beginning when he yells "Du crashe! Crasheh! Crashieshisugguah!"

*speaks in weird ghost-like voice* Post them...Post them...

Where's the fun in asking him to post it? Just use your weird ghost like powers to go into his computer and steal them :D