The <off topic> thread

I'm so glad the Forum is back up to speed...it was really getting old.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

My new 8600GT is in, Yey! :D

Man, is everybody getting that card? I got one, and ive heard of a lot of other people who have. Also, something you should know, when microsoft released vista sp1, it will come with directx 10.1, which your card will not support. I found out about that shortly after ordering my card.

I'm still alive!

Okay, here's another wallpaper on What I've Done:

th_coolatombomb2.jpg

100% PDN, and just like McDonald's, I'm loving it!

Background: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... reball.jpg

Any final suggestions before I submit it to dA?

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

, man this thing is awesome.

What you can't see behind the camera is the huge mess of boxes and styrofoam, and my cat claiming it as her fort.

Somebodys got more money than me. I'm stuck with a measly 22 inch monitor. But at least it looks cool. I have a Radeon 2600XT, which I believe is ATI's parallel to Stephan's 8600. It rocks, but I'm only keeping it till the next revision of the HD 2000 series. Then I'll upgrade to a 2900xx.

@uH: That turned out really quite nicely!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

They're indexing bots for search indexing. There's also Alexa and a few others. Nothing to worry about :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

i stumbled upon the who is online link, and saw the google and yahoo bot stuff, i was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly what that is? (curiosity)

It's Google and Yahoo :D

No, but seriously, I think it's the fact that now with Google and Yahoo following people's history when they use their search engines, they use that to give "better" search results. Though I just call it the "Search Engine World Domination Plan".

@Andrew D - very cool av. Paper Mario FTW! :-)

And yes, Google is trying to dominate the world. "Don't be evil?" HA! As if. They're just saying that to lull us into a false sense of security before the uprising.

@Andrew D - very cool av. Paper Mario FTW! :-)

And yes, Google is trying to dominate the world. "Don't be evil?" HA! As if. They're just saying that to lull us into a false sense of security before the uprising.

Agreed on both. It's a shame though that Tippi disappears, and that the ending scene it hardly satasfying to say the least. I plan to change that :)

My avatar is based on Count Black's assiatant Nastasia, and I'm glad she didn't get killed by Dimensio, which for a end game boss was pretty easy, especially with Bowser. I'm doing a second playthrough, and then I might make a walkthrough vid on it. The guy who has the record for the fasest time on it beat Mimi in the Sammer Guys tournament in 24 seconds, while I beat her in 2 seconds :D No joke, I'd prove it if I had to. And well, if I could.

Not only is that video a knock on Apple, it's also a rather satirical statement about the Iraq war. I thought it was very good :D

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

Hello The_Lionhearted! Good to see you again! :)

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

So yeah, I'm pretty sure I missed tens of pages of randomness. I'm not going to try to catch up. Sorry. :(

But I'm back!

*starts to sing*

I'm BACK in the saddle again! ♫ ♪

*stops to sing*

<_<

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

So yeah, I'm pretty sure I missed tens of pages of randomness. I'm not going to try to catch up. Sorry. :(

But I'm back!

*starts to sing*

I'm BACK in the saddle again! ♫ ♪

*stops to sing*

<_<

Ironically, "Starts to sing" and "Stops to sing" mean pretty much the same thing...