The <off topic> thread

I need help. I'm trying to get a domain for my skinned google homepage (among other stuff), but everything I want is taken!

gskin.com is already registered (and it sounds like a site about g-strings)

googlerevamped.com uses "Google" in its name, and it takes too long to type

gtheme.com is taken

elgoog.com is already owned by Google

goog.com is taken as well

Any suggestions?

EDIT: "g-theme.com" is available, though I'd like to search a little more.

wait...what? did i miss something...whats going on! im confuzzled! :?

I just realized how much smaller my skinned Google homepage source is compared to Google's real homepage source.

Before:

before.png

[5,470 characters]

After:

after-1.png

[1,269 characters]

8)

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

On a new note, today's been the worst day ever.I was bullied all break and lunch,I keep on getting this weird static thing happening in my arm and I got a premonition in the middle of assembly.I'm listening as hard as I can,then suddenly everything goes weird,I get a vision of somewhere that's probably up the other end of the country or somewhere, and then I open my eyes to find everyone looking at me.I'm guessing I must have had some sort of physical reaction to my gift.All in all, to day's been,well,rubbish.

@uH: Have you registered the domain yet? I really like 'uhoogle.com' also, and it's available!

I am going through the Google HTML for my skin; I laid it out neatly so that I can understand it when making my user css. You could just make a user stylesheet too if you wanted. I know you didn't like the 'I'm feeling lucky' etc: then just use display: none;!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Your sig... the text is really red. It should be darker like so.

Agreed.

Second.

You waste your breath. Er, whatever the typing equivalent of breath is. Whatever. Point is, it's not changing. Or at least, I'm not changing it. If it really bothers you that much, you can appeal to the mods. But I think they surely have better things to do than worry about the color of text in someone's signature block.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Hey, hey, hey. If Pyro wants his sig's text to be the same color as the vehicles that put fires out, that's his business... :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Okay, I'll have to pack a bit of information in this post:

@pyro+Bob: Personally, I set my contrast to the maximum and brightness to the minimum (truer, more saturated colors and deeper blacks). And on those settings, this shade of red is really annoying.

-----

I thought of a new domain name, and it's cool, too! "thegpad.com" or "thegsite.com".

-----

I'm disappointed and in a slight rage at the moment. I [among the very few] was really looking forward to the debate with Ahmadinejad today. I was anticipating an exciting and serious conversation between the two sides, with Ahmadinejad possibly changing some of his beliefs (i.e. denial. of the Holocaust). Do you want to know what happened? Nothing! Nobody was opposing what he said! Even off-camera, nobody commented! Not Clinton, not Giuliani, not Obama, not McCain, not Edwards, not Thompson, and not even the President! Bah, but that's politics (and fear of Islam).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

k...

On another note, I'm frustrated with IE right now. I can't get my Google skin working on it! The logo isn't centered, the font is too big, and the borders aren't two-tone! I think I'll just put a "Get Firefox" link on the page somewhere (and if possible, only make it visible to IE users).

Getting any properly-coded XHTML+CSS working right in IE7 is a royal pain-in-the-rear. And then there's IE6, which, unfortunately, still has a huge installed base. If IE7 is a pain-in-the-rear, then IE6 is the cause of 50% (at least) of the suicides in the U.S. every year.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I'm disappointed and in a slight rage at the moment. I [among the very few] was really looking forward to the debate with Ahmadinejad today. I was anticipating an exciting and serious conversation between the two sides, with Ahmadinejad possibly changing some of his beliefs (i.e. denial. of the Holocaust). Do you want to know what happened? Nothing! Nobody was opposing what he said! Even off-camera, nobody commented! Not Clinton, not Giuliani, not Obama, not McCain, not Edwards, not Thompson, and not even the President! Bah, but that's politics (and fear of Islam).

huh. do we like ahmadinejad? im not exactly sure because i stray away from foreign relations and whatnot.

sig-1.jpg

The coolest Indian on Paint.NET

I want to create some way to show this image when the page loads with IE:

getff.jpg

I tried a CSS hack, but no go (maybe it was fixed for IE7).

EDIT@MRavioli: Ahmadinejad- the President of Iran, owner of nuclear bombs, denier of the Holocaust, hater of Jews and Americans, and world-renowned terrorist... nope, we shouldn't like him.

Getting any properly-coded XHTML+CSS working right in IE7 is a royal pain-in-the-rear. And then there's IE6, which, unfortunately, still has a huge installed base. If IE7 is a pain-in-the-rear, then IE6 is the cause of 50% (at least) of the suicides in the U.S. every year.

Its terrible at my school. IE6 is the best browser on their computers. They have that, and some ancient version of firefox, which takes 20x longer to start up than IE6, no support for tabs, and a ton of other stuff. Im not sure what version it is, but its terrible.

Anyways, go Avant browser!

EDIT: Honda, that thing about IE is true. I was helping my friend with his computer a while ago, and they were using IE6. Its ok though, I got them firefox.

EDIT2: You passed 4000 posts! Congrats!

I'm still alive!

Its terrible at my school. IE6 is the best browser on their computers. They have that, and some ancient version of firefox, which takes 20x longer to start up than IE6, no support for tabs, and a ton of other stuff. Im not sure what version it is, but its terrible.

Try this:

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

I have it installed on my flash drive for a few months just in case I'll ever be trapped without it.

EDIT@TLH: OMG, they zoomed in on Kirkland! That's where Rick lives, you know...

I want to create some way to show this image when the page loads with IE:

I tried a CSS hack, but no go (maybe it was fixed for IE7)...

'If you where using Firefox...' (what happened to were?)

Yeah, that is annoying because now IE supports child selectors, etc, and yet the rendering is different!

I agree, pyro. 50%, at least.

Edit: david, I think you have a twin...

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9452

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."