The <off topic> thread

I need help. I'm trying to get a domain for my skinned google homepage (among other stuff), but everything I want is taken!

gskin.com is already registered (and it sounds like a site about g-strings)

googlerevamped.com uses "Google" in its name, and it takes too long to type

gtheme.com is taken

elgoog.com is already owned by Google

goog.com is taken as well

Any suggestions?

EDIT: "g-theme.com" is available, though I'd like to search a little more.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Google2point0, and thelatestgoogle is availble. also, those domains without the "e" at the end are availble

edit: googlv2 is open (the v stands for version)

edit edit: googlsearch2 is open

edit edit edit: searchgoogl is availble!

I had actually looked up "gv2.com" and "g2.com" yesterday, but those are taken as well. I also feel that "googl" is too close for comfort with Google.

@MBL: goggle.com is taken, too :(

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

Does it have to have its own domain? Why not just host it on your 110MB account, and post it on dA, etc. It would still be very popular!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Yeah, true, but it wouldn't get as much credit. It would be like youtube's website was "youtube.anglefire.com". Bleh.

BTW, I'll probably register g-theme.com sometime tonight unless something really good is available.

I had actually looked up "gv2.com" and "g2.com"

Don't even think about an unregistered domain with 2 or 3 letters.

Did you looked at the less-used extensions like .us, .biz, .info and stuff?

Though, g-theme.com is pretty cool, well there's a dash but otherwise I like it.

What whois tool do you use? I'm pretty fond of http://www.ajaxwhois.com myself.

BTW, as you mimic Google, if they want to sue you, they'll do so, whatever would be the domain.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

I don't use any specific whois tool. There's GoDaddy's whois, Host Monster's whois, and Whois.net

And I read the Google tos and pp. As long as I don't use their images (like the Google logo) without permission and state that I am not affiliated with Google somewhere, the site is legal. Though I feel like emailing them about it just in case.

usedgoogle.com?

uhgoogle.com?

uhoogle.com?*

uhg.com?

usedhondasgoogle.com?

*personally favoured choice, so much so it's boldfaced, colour emphasised and coupled by an underline for good measure.

EDIT: slogan for uhoogle.com: 'I don't know that, have [yo]uhoogle-d it?". uhoogle = you hoogle = 'I don't know that, have you hoogle-d it?

Made me chuckle.

uhoogle.com?*

LOVE it! Sounds like "Yoo-hoo (gle)!"

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Offtopic (which means ontopic): Has anyone seen the Nextel/Sprint commercial with the construction site that's a symphony of sorts? That's one heck of a catchy song, but I'm weird...I think our local news station has good theme music...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

@d.a: lol, I was just about to say how hard it is to interpret the songs in Sprint commercials! Especially the shoe tying one...

Luckily, the answer can be found here:

http://www.splendad.com/ads/show/1302-S ... hoes#music