The <off topic> thread

just so you know, that may be a problem cause that was originally
idea....

I knew I saw the spoon dude someplace else! I saw it in a Badger Badger Badger avatar that said "I poke badgers with big spoons".

EDIT:

26FB27E7-5623-43D9-9D53-BF277FBA181.gif

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

@Myrddin: I'd say...it's a HUGE toss-up. Either "Impossible Planet"/"Satan Pit"...

A tad late on the bandwagon but better late than never... I prefer the quoted episodes, best story ever in S2 and second best story out of all the series' thus far, and absolute cracker.

I must say, the final scene got me a bit choked up..."I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye..." I made a mental note of THAT line. It's a good one. :-) Probably come in handy sometime...

You smooth devil... :wink:

I've only had the joy of Series one of SGA so have no idea how the three parter at the conclusion of the series ends; refusing to Wiki it as no doubt Five (the channel over here) will acquire the licence again and show it eventually. Seen episodes of Season three on YouTube because I knew it would be a very long time before I'd get to see it, so I thought I'd be safe.

..."Impossible Planet"/"Satan Pit"...

A tad late on the bandwagon but better late than never... I prefer the quoted episodes, best story ever in S2 and second best story out of all the series' thus far, and absolute cracker.

I don't know what "cracker" means, but I'm assuming it's good :-) I did very much like seeing the Doctor out of his element...he's completely flummoxed, and doesn't understand what's in front of him. "I accept your existence..." Great episode! And the Ood are good foot soldiers.

I must say, the final scene got me a bit choked up..."I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye..." I made a mental note of THAT line. It's a good one. :-) Probably come in handy sometime...

You smooth devil... :wink:

Hehe. Just don't know when I'd get the chance to use it...

I've only had the joy of Series one of SGA so have no idea how the three parter at the conclusion of the series ends; refusing to Wiki it as no doubt Five (the channel over here) will acquire the licence again and show it eventually. Seen episodes of Season three on YouTube because I knew it would be a very long time before I'd get to see it, so I thought I'd be safe.

I am completely caught up on SG1 and SGA through S10/S3. Can't wait for the Movies! And Season 4 is going to be one heck of a ride...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Okay, this Firefox OpenSearch plugin is amazing! Before I had to code the search providers myself, now, it's all automated including the favicons for which I had to use a third-party website to get the code for.

deviantART didn't have one ready for use, who cares, now I have one anyway.

Argos didn't have one ready for use, who cares, now I have one anyway.

Play.com...

dafont.com...

Even the Paint.NET Search Engine. That was the first one I had to code and I would be kicking myself violently if it was not for the fact that this plugin only came out a few days ago; my legs are safe the time being.

In fact, anything with a search field is now at risk.

If you're an IE7 user, have no fear as their own search engine page has a handy little box to create your own - if only the Firefox SE page had one... You can find it >here<.

Yes, Firefox has had that for years now, too, what this plugin does is make it easier to create non-existent search engines. For example, Argos.co.uk didn't have one pre-made so I would have to code my own in XML then install it, the above extension makes this coding process easier by practically doing everything for me. For any coding amateur (including myself) this is an excellent tool to have for the extensibility Firefox offers.

Ok so make one for searchpaint.net :)

Extract the attached file to:

C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/searchplugins

Restart Firefox and enjoy the delights of an on-the-fly search of Paint.NET and its documents.

EDIT: spelling mistakes

PaintDotNet.zip

@CMD last page: Firefly FTW! :D

I hope searchpaint.net catches up soon...there's a folding corners tutorial in the tutorial section that I'm vehemently sure Madjik has done before. But I can't seem to find it! :(

Muhahaha! I am the searching master:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4317

**No seriously, I am**

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

The new forum search is much better than the old. MadJik called it Page Curl. I found it mere moments after ncfan did, apparently...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Is it just me, or is the searchpaint.net showing weird results for everybody? Because I searched up "starfield" on it a few days ago, and it showed no results, but now it does show 2 results out of the three topics there are on starfields. And just 3 minutes ago, it showed all of them... :|

EDIT:

Lionhearted:Yeah, ever since the job of helping people search got outsourced to India, I've got a lot of ppl saying that to me 8)

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Search for Keywords: blank

Search for author: Madjik

Search in forums: tutorial

Search in: first post of topics only

Funny, that was exactly what I searched for...except I spelled it "MadJik".... :-)