The <off topic> thread

I didn't know Douglas Adams had a hand in Doctor Who!

I love Brit humor. Your Monty Python had quite an influence on my life.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Ok, so in my graphics art class, today we were just supposed to mess around with photoshop and see what we could do. I used clouds to make fire, just like that one tut. Everyone thinks im a pro now. :D

In mine the other day, I had the image extracted in moments. Magnetic Lasso is a quite easy tool to use... Everyone else was mucking around for hours.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

It is a lot of fun, yes :-) I mastered Adobe Illustrator pretty quickly, too. Paint.NET seems to have increased my aptitude for all things computer graphics.

And I don't mind helping. That's why I'm here and all...:-)

Reading the last couple of pages...

The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Douglas Adams wrote Dr Who before he wrote that, if you haven't heard it then get hold of the CD's. The books are good, the new film was terrible & I haven't seen the TV series so I can't comment. The radio versions are the best I think, the sound-scapes that are created are fantastic. :D

The BBC TV series is the best.

Oh, and Tom Baker (The 4th Doctor) is my Doctor. :P

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

I've always found things to be better in their original medium. Good films don't generally make good games / books or whatever. As I said I haven't seen the TV series so I'll refrain from commenting but out of the various Hitch Hikers Guide things I've read / seen / heard, I prefer listening to it.

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

Doctor Who, Series 2 is here! And I have to say, Christmas Invasion is one of the best feats of television cinematography I've ever seen in my entire life. :-) So exciting! Can't wait for the rest of it.

The BBC TV series is the best.

Oh, and Tom Baker (The 4th Doctor) is my Doctor. :P

Good man, BoltBait!

I have to admit, the film wasn't the best version of HHGTTG there is, the TV series was the better that I know of however, my Dad claims the books to be best; we're at a split in our house on the subject. I think it's on DVD now, the TV series.

@david: and you shall not be disappointed...

I have it (The TV Series) on DVD. Why don't you pick it up and watch it? :D

I have found that the TV seriies is closest to the books. And, you're right about the movie--total bloody potato.

And, I found that the books started going downhill after the 3rd book.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game