The <off topic> thread

It's a Friday night, and I have nothing to do...

Then again, I could:

Post in the forums

Work on another deviation

Finally update my MySpace page

Or play Zelda on Project64 until my eyes burn away

I think I'll do all of that!

On another note, that last deviation of mine celebrating my 2000th pageview brought me 50 additional pageviews, and I think I got two more watchers over the past week, too!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Hey Mr. CMDan, I don't suppose you have a quick-fix for opening links in a new tab (besides middle-click)?

It's a Friday night, and I have nothing to do...

Then again, I could:

Post in the forums

Work on another deviation

Finally update my MySpace page

Or play Zelda on Project64 until my eyes burn away

You could always finish the PPP (Paint.NET Plugin Pack) we're all waiting for. :wink: :P

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

even more off-topic:

you know what every bar should have? a James Bond Martini, aka a 'vesper':

A martini with three measures of Gordon's; one of vodka; half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it over ice, and add a thin slice of lemon peel.

Second-favorite West Wing moment: President Bartlet says to a staffer who's just said "Shaken, not stirred:"

"Do you know why a martini is stirred with a special glass rod? When you shake it, you crack the ice, causing it to melt slightly and weaken the drink. Martinis are stirred to avoid that. James Bond is ordering a watered-down drink, and being haughty about it!"

(In case you were wondering, first favorite West Wing moment:

Toby being followed by Sam through the wing, trying in vain to get Sam to stop talking about something he doesn't care about. Finally, Sam leaves. Toby turns to go, and with resignation, mutters, "Well, there's five minutes of my life I'll never get back...")

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You could always finish the PPP (Paint.NET Plugin Pack) we're all waiting for. :wink: :P

But... playing Zelda is so much more fun! :P

I'd have to agree with you there.

We (PDNusers) need a chatroom!

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Chat room?!?

BoltBait: Welcome to the Paint.NET chat room!

Crazy Man Dan: Yeah, welcome, everyone! Let's find something to talk about.

Rick Brewster: This is such a bad idea...

ImaNoobLOL: ZOMG tihs prgm R0XX0RZ!!!!11!!1!

BoltBait: Okay, you get ignored.

NeEdZhElP102923: cn u tel me how 2 save? keke im so dum thx

Crazy Man Dan: You can hit the F1 key for help...

NeEdZhElP102923: omg keke thatz awsom thx so MUCH!!!!

Paint_boy: Yup

SPAMBOTS: OMG YER YER YER YER

Rick Brewster: Told you this was a bad idea...

david.atwell: Told you so. Don't you remember me telling you so?

*shudder* it would be everything bad about this forum, multiplied...unless it was secret!

:twisted: *conspiracy mode*

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

:lol:

david.atwell, you are brilliant. Really.

That means quite a bit, coming from you :-) Thanks.

Curious, though; brilliant comedic talent, or the private chatroom would be brilliant?

Not really, seeing as we're the same person.

Curious, though; brilliant comedic talent, or the private chatroom would be brilliant?

Comedic talent...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I dont think a chatroom would be any worse than these forums.

On a different subject, my bioshock demo download is about to start! Ive already waited 36 minutes, and theres just 4 minutes to go before I can start the download!

I hate stading in line...

But I really do want my computer to be able to run it. Ive got a geforce 8600gt and 1gb of ram. Only problem is my processor (amd 3200) isnt the best for games.

EDIT: Ok, its been going for a little bit now. Its going to take forever though... Its going at ~200kb/sec. Estamated time left is 2.5 hours.

I'm still alive!

I'd forgotten about that... :D

Frojo: I've got a ATI Radeon HD 2600XT, 2 gigs of ram, a 22 inch monitor, and a Athlon X2 5400 (2.8 Ghz, times 2). I can run just about anything.

Sozo said:

Frojo: I've got a ATI Radeon HD 2600XT, 2 gigs of ram, a 22 inch monitor, and a Athlon X2 5400 (2.8 Ghz, times 2). I can run just about anything.

iz jelous

Once I get some cash, ill start upgrading my computer. Ill get it to the point where it can run anything perfectly soon.

But this download is going to take forever. At least 2 hours left, then Ill have to split the file so I can transport them up to my computer, then unsplit them, and then I can see how well I can run it.

I'm still alive!

I mean...erhmm, right. :-)

I'd forgotten about that... :D

Don't worry about it. I had, too...for a moment...

But this download is going to take forever. At least 2 hours left, then Ill have to split the file so I can transport them up to my computer, then unsplit them, and then I can see how well I can run it.

lol-unsplit

i like that word even though its not a word :P

i now have a 6 pack* of 16 year old Coca-Cola

*of bottles, commemorative, Santa bottles

"No. Dreaming is illegal."~Pyrochild