The <off topic> thread

I've been thinking lately (everybody in the room is amazed). I think there should be a thread in the Tutorials section that just gives tips. Tips that don't need new threads. Just tips with scenarios put to it. Like situations where you only need a certain part of an image blurred or if you you have text that you want to smoothen out, but not too much. Maybe some quick 3-step tutorials on how you made something-- like how to make day image into a night image in 2 steps or a way to make smoother 3d screenshots (I do that). I would just like to see a mod approve (or better yet start) the thread.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

And the fact I can't sleep lead me to posting! Yay for me.

A teacher doesn't make a difference in self expression. No one taught me how to write. I just do it and don't care what anyone thinks about it but myself.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

I've been thinking lately (that's the 4th time today!). You know how Vista has so much eye-candy and looks so much more awesome than XP? Well what will the next MS OS look like? I'm going to bet that it will be 3d and completely vectorized. I can imagine how seamless everything will look. All the animations will almost hurt your eyes because it looks so perfect. It will probably need 3GB RAM and the power of an E6600 to reach the minimum requirements. It will be the ultimate computer experience and will come out within the next 15 years!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I'm just waiting for Microsoft to run out of Windows names... going to get a kick out of it :P

I have issues with Mac because we have the evil one mouse button at school.

I swear whoever made that concept was entirely ignorant or liked to see people suffer.

EDIT:

This is the real g'night considering I need to get up at 4:30 tomorrow.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Yeah, about the writing thing... I love writing as well. Specifically sci-fi and fantasy. However, I like to have someone to bounce ideas off of, and that person is my dad. He has been reading those kinds of books (and many others) since he was a kid, as have I. We both know a lot about science fiction especially, mostly because of DUNE (any dune fans out there? >_> <_<). The lord of the rings, DUNE, anything by Aurthur C Clarke, Poul Anderson, Anne McCaffrey all influence what I write, as well as god storylines from games such as The Legend of Zelda (any one f many), Star Wars, Knights of the old republic, and similar games. Who here reads at least one 300 page book a week?

ESSig7UltraPng.png