The <off topic> thread

@ Yata

Having more than one admin is never a good thing...

So would you like to deal with the nasty discussion? Rick can't always be here.

To give someone admin rights all you have to do is change the permission level from "member" to "administrator". Admins have access to the admin panel, and thus access to the ban user list.

Its a one time thing, you don't have to do it every time.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

That is not what I'm saying, Yata.

All I am saying is what I said above...

Having more than one admin is never a good thing. There should only be one person with absolute power over that person's forum. That's all.

If Rick were to give our mods admin rights, what's to stop the mods (now admins) from doing whatever they want. Hell, since they're admins, one could very easily take control over this forum. Meaning, they could ban Rick if they so choose. Not that they would... but they could...

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

I don't think CMD or BoltBait would want to even think of banning each other.

And also, who says they have to become admins? Rick could easily allow the mods to be able to ban members by just adding that to the Mod toolbar thing or whatever they have to be able to do moderator things.

Rick could easily allow the mods to be able to ban members by just adding that to the Mod toolbar thing or whatever they have to be able to do moderator things.

There is no such thing. Only Admins in Forumer phpBB are allowed to ban members.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

Don't get me wrong, Yata. I understand what you're saying completely.

Would it be nice if mods could ban undesirables? Perhaps.

But is it wise...

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

This is what happened:

Rick created the forum through forumer and used paintdotnet as the admin username.

For one reason or another, he decided he wanted his name to be "Rick Brewster" instead of paintdotnet.

Instead of changing his name, he created a new account.

paintdotnet is the root admin, yes, but Rick is the real admin.

At least I think thats what happened...

EDIT:

Ah... I remember. He might have did that because the username you enter while making the forum cannot have spaces.