Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

In line with people's artistic skills on this board, I wanted to showcase:

Win a Free BeardHead Competition - RRP $49.99, Expires 6th July 2014

Working with BeardHead, there's an open drawing competition to win one of five free unique beards. Your chin, cheeks and upper lips will thank you as the Beard Head keeps them toasty warm!

beards.gif

*Note: I double checked in my previous post and was told I can post on this thread, thanks David.

I'm growing mighty facial hair right now, planning on going Fu Manchu, but that seems like a cool contest.

Edited by Kemaru

Hello everyone!  :)

It's been awhile since i was last active on the forum so it's nice to be back.

Anyway I've started working with the Blender software. Liking it so far. I'll post a screenshot later once I work these arm stubs into actual arms.

but for now a hard to view render. (Because I have no idea what I was doing when I hit render)

5FyGADd.png

I'm just sticking around this forum waiting for the ver.4 polish to finish so I can get in on the next round of minor feature requests. I'm hoping if I say please hard enough and nice enough I can convince them to make that color select feature toggleable.

Who's "them?" As we've told you multiple times, there is no "them."  It's one guy, doing this in his free time.

You should stop grinding the axe.  :)

• Upvote 2

In English it is considered acceptable to use 'Them' and 'they' as a neutral pronoun even when referring to an individual.  It is also recommended to use in Public speaking to keep statements from sounding personal and accusatory. Its part of the 'never use 'you' statements' rule.

Basically I say 'them' because I don't want to sound like I'm referring to the developer directly. Even though I arguably am.

Edited by Humility

It would also be acceptable and respectable to name "them" as Rick Brewster. He is the one offering his hard work up for free. You are in your own admittance referring to Rick directly.   :)
Perhaps even name drop (and thank) a few of the plugin creators too, who also offer us all excellent tools (for free) while your here. ;) BoltBait / Dpy / Ed Harvey / Kris VDM / Madjik / Redoochre / TecnoRobbo / Simon Brown / Null24 / pyrochild. The list goes on, all of these people give up free time to make an excellent program even better and all you do is be as ungrateful as you possibly can. Enjoy the program and all it has to offer and stop getting on the wrong side of people :)

This years awards are going to be a good one.

Lets compromise and I'll refer to the developer as just the developer from now on. Though speaking of plug-in developers. Why assume that when I say 'they' or 'them' I'm not referring to the plug in developers?

Edited by Humility

Pyro is good at turning things around. I mean just look at his sig

/* end of shameless self-promotion */

I'm baking bread. Trying to learn how to make good bread so once I move out, I can make my own instead of buying crappy ones from the store.

EDIT: I'd say it turned out okay for being my first bread ever.

10547427_918514374830305_721261691747191

Edited by Kemaru

Nah, just baked it in the oven, thanks MB and BarbieQ. It was rather crispy at first, but it softened in the freezer :)

A friend's coming over and we're making either carrot bread rolls or flatbread today  :P

Edited by Kemaru

"Last time I saw Dean was like five years earlier when Dean and I were doing a roofing job on top of a 40-story building. He started talking crazy that day and he goes, "I can't take it, man," and he got up on the ledge, and he jumped. Just after he jumped, I looked down and I noticed that Trampoline Emporium was having a sidewalk sale that day. Dean landed right on one of the trampolines, bounced back up 40 stories to where I was standing, and just as he floated up he said to me, "Y'know, I think a lot of your joke premises are contrived and hard to believe.""

-Demetri Martin

I want an apple watch.

inb4 "you don't really need one there's no actual need for it traditional clock blah battery 5 years blah price": I cycle 24km a day five times a week, so I spend a good portion of my awake time wishing I didn't have to take my phone out of my pocket to change albums, or to check up on my heart rate / current speed / pause my activity. The ability to check my HR without a strap that has to be set so tight that it makes breathing difficult AND log it on my phone alone makes it worth €300+ in my opinion. 

Edited by Kemaru

I want an apple watch.

I found it amusing that for once Apple has the ugly but fast, while Android has the beautiful but slow product (Moto 360).

Edited by Sozo

I find it amusing that any new thing Apple brings out seems to get worldwide coverage on all the media, TV included, and people drooling over them whereas other new phones/watches are just treated as what they are -  another phone or watch with not a mention except in the dedicated tech sites/mags.

Guess that`s what good marketing does for you.

It`ll never convince me to go the Apple way though.

Very sad day yesterday. 'My' cat was killed by a car. He was less than three years old. I didn't 'own' him, he officially lived next door, but he visited me  4 or 5 times a day. He owned me, I loved him and will miss my little friend terribly.

I used his photo as an example image for the plugins; Cobweb and TwoToneThreshold and the icon for Furblur is based on him.

Drivers please slow down.