Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

Yeah I can remember loads of people I'd love to see here again, but it's still a great crew here.  An oasis in the bustle of life (+1 point for anyone who doesn't stick their fingers down their throat ...)

NN ... not wishing to sound like an old perve ... but your avatar is stunning

• Upvote 2

Make a file .txt on desktop, change the extension to .~sy then try to find it in  Win7. No result. I use Everything Search for that.

Make the same thing in XP and will be found instantly.

The .~sy extension is used from PC Schematic for symbol backup files. Sometimes I need to delete these files and Win7 are not found it at all.

If you open the Windows Store, there should be a giant tile on the very left saying you can upgrade - if that's there, then you should be able to. It's what I'm doing right now.

You do have to download update KB2871389 before the 8.1 tile shows up.

Welcome back, Rubrica!

I'm a Capricorn

... and finally in the new kitchen.  Just a spotlight to put in and build a plinth for the cooker ... and never going through the experience again.

Positives - lost 5lbs through not having a cooker for a week, self taught myself to plaster walls and use self leveling screed on the floor.

Negatives - fixing drawer fronts when they fell off after the professionals fitted them.

Now that's left to do is get all my PDN files from the old computer 

ooooh

Where I'm from you'd be singing a few octaves higher and buying smaller fitting boxer shorts after retribution was made for saying something like that  ...  :ZoomTool:

Well, you're a woman. So.... DUH!

:P

So I guess you drove her there?

Gotta agree with Welshy. Glad you finally have your kitchen. Not looking forward to doing ours...

Seeing people have added you as a friend and you haven't got a clue who they are  :blank:

I saw the same there the other day. A few new members where just adding me to their friend list. I mean that's nice and all, but you get to know me first?

So my opinion is that of the freeware image editing tools Paint.NET is the overall best, all things considered including ease of use, burden on resources , functionality, plugin availability and forum. It was at risk of losing the top position due to the long lack of updates, but now they've restarted.

wow, crazy upload speed :O

I tried out of curiosity and got this:

3101671660.png

I'm going to a LAN party tomorrow... I'm officially subject to ridicule as the Mac guy and also as the guy who doesn't really like to play video games. But it's more of a get-together with friends anyway so I don't care, I got some games in my Steam library awaiting download (like Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Batman: Arkham Asylum)