Make a file .txt on desktop, change the extension to .~sy then try to find it in  Win7. No result. I use Everything Search for that.

Make the same thing in XP and will be found instantly.

The .~sy extension is used from PC Schematic for symbol backup files. Sometimes I need to delete these files and Win7 are not found it at all.

If you open the Windows Store, there should be a giant tile on the very left saying you can upgrade - if that's there, then you should be able to. It's what I'm doing right now.

You do have to download update KB2871389 before the 8.1 tile shows up.

Welcome back, Rubrica!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Capricorn

... and finally in the new kitchen.  Just a spotlight to put in and build a plinth for the cooker ... and never going through the experience again.

Positives - lost 5lbs through not having a cooker for a week, self taught myself to plaster walls and use self leveling screed on the floor.

Negatives - fixing drawer fronts when they fell off after the professionals fitted them.

Now that's left to do is get all my PDN files from the old computer 

wow, crazy upload speed :O

I tried out of curiosity and got this:

3101671660.png

I'm going to a LAN party tomorrow... I'm officially subject to ridicule as the Mac guy and also as the guy who doesn't really like to play video games. But it's more of a get-together with friends anyway so I don't care, I got some games in my Steam library awaiting download (like Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Batman: Arkham Asylum)