Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

If you're old a few of us here are almost dinosaurs.  As the saying goes - you're as old as the person you feel ... luckily for me my wife has only just turned 40  :P

My 5 year anniversary here today.  I'm sure the piece I'm working on to commemorate it is going to kill my pc

Youngsters! Ha! :D

My 8th is coming up in less than 2 months.

You've made my day ... I never thought I'd be called a youngster again  :evillaugh:

The shape tools will be a great addition

Just as long as your image is no bigger than 500 by 150 pixels (you can see that in your computer), you will be fine. And if you want your hosting site to detect size, try Imgur. It does.

Just scare off all the tourists before taking the photo! :lol:

I experimented with a plugin that did the opposite - for rescuing an object I had accidently merged into another layer - didn't get round to publishing it.

Illnab1024's clipboard code compared to the src (with a tolerance slider).

I would think with today's high res cameras, it would be hard to get the photos to line up well enough for a plugin to work. Probably easier to paste rectangular bits of empty background over the unwanted tourists! - (then 'Feather' the edges).

Probably easier to paste rectangular bits of empty background over the unwanted tourists! - (then 'Feather' the edges).

... ummm Sarkut's Copy and Paste Blues ...

Just noticed I'm in the top 10 overall posters.  I downloaded PDN 5 years ago to edit some photographs ... which I still haven't done  :evillaugh:

Proud to be part of this community

Welshy, you're so productive! ;)

Is that a good thing or a bad thing ? And how much quantity over quality  :Tutorials:

McAfee is throwing up the big red warning when I click on the install link for GoPhoto.it ... 

I can completely relate with Welsh on this one considering when I first installed pdn I was supposed to use it for a birthday card for an 8 yr olds party..

think it's too late for that?

sidenote: I finally got a tablet!  :grin: 

Not sure what that GoPhoto thing was, I never put it there... There was something nasty on my laptop which I got rid of shortly after I made that post though, which could explain it.

Edited by TheHowler

I've just discovered "TobyGames" on YouTube...I had to force myself to stop watching his Happy Wheels sessions...

My PhotoBucket account has hit it's bandwidth limit for this month - apologies for any recent tutorials that are down ... I'm in the process of uploading them all to dA.  

7 tutorials have a lot of images to upload/ edit links and I hope to have them all done by tomorrow night.   Just the Glossy Folder Icon to go.  2 hours/ god knows how many image uploads/ link editing later I'm wondering how people stare at a screen all day..  Man I've got a headache.  

2 fingers to those who have accused me in the past of not sharing

Older tutorials will take a bit longer to sort out because I wasn't so organised, but if anyone wants an older one updated let me know in the thread itself or by PM and I'll do it as soon as I can

Edited by welshblue

Why not also post PDF versions of the tutorials?  It makes them simpler to download and follow offline.  If the links break at some later stage the tutorial is still able to be accessed.