Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

I have the same problem I'm still waiting for the Welsblue plug in ;) Once activated all my images look like works of art :) when is someone going to code that one ( maybe it will be in PDN 4.0 ) ;)

Oh don't be so modest. Of COURSE they do!

I, on the otherhand, feel like I'm still hacking out crude pictograms in charcoal on the cave wall :(

Nah, they don't. His look real, mine are abstract. I have a problem with realism...Goonfella is another one who can make it look like a photo.

I like crude charcoal drawings in caves...or even ochre on cave walls... :)

Hey minners, imagine how much loot the developer of the WelshBlue plugin could make! Won't be me - I still have trouble putting in a link :doh!

Speaking of paint.net 4.0, here's a look at what the new rendering and transaction systems are capable of ...

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10100506395037353

tl;dw: You can change the tolerance of the Paint Bucket without having to undo-reclick constantly. And you can move around the origin point. And tool's can use blend modes now. And every single edit you make can be stepped through in the history. Every. Single. Last. One.

• Upvote 2

Speaking of paint.net 4.0, here's a look at what the new rendering and transaction systems are capable of ... https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10100506395037353 tl;dw: You can change the tolerance of the Paint Bucket without having to undo-reclick constantly. And you can move around the origin point. And tool's can use blend modes now. And every single edit you make can be stepped through in the history. Every. Single. Last. One.

love the blend modes in colors !

oh and since you mentioned it ..

can you add an optional thing that the tolerance can select the channel too (H,S,V,Alpha) , especially alpha please !

Speaking of paint.net 4.0, here's a look at what the new rendering and transaction systems are capable of ...https://www.facebook...100506395037353tl;dw: You can change the tolerance of the Paint Bucket without having to undo-reclick constantly. And you can move around the origin point. And tool's can use blend modes now. And every single edit you make can be stepped through in the history. Every. Single. Last. One.

That right there, that's some sexy black magic. I hope Microsoft is paying you a fortune at your day job; otherwise, "give this man a raise!"

Edited by toe_head2001

Dr. Who

I haven't watched it since I was about 12ish but loving the latest series (also eagerly sky+'ing all the old ones. David Tennant is class )

Funny how tastes change ...

Edited by welshblue

can you at least add the alpha one? , even as an optional add-on or something ?

I said no. If you pester me about features then 1) they will never ever get added, and 2) I'll never share stuff like that video ever again.

Seriously everyone. If you ask for a feature and I say no, do not ask again or pester me about it. Don't ask "what about just this little part of it?" Don't tell me it would be easy to do (seriously, don't). These features don't just magically spring into existence because of wishing hard enough to the Feature Fairy. They take time and energy, effort and critical thinking, and when you bug me about features like that it turns working on Paint.NET into a chore. And I hate chores. So much.

Anyway not trying to rag on you too hard, AhmedElyamani, but it had to be said eventually.

Speaking of paint.net 4.0, here's a look at what the new rendering and transaction systems are capable of ...

https://www.facebook...100506395037353

tl;dw: You can change the tolerance of the Paint Bucket without having to undo-reclick constantly. And you can move around the origin point. And tool's can use blend modes now. And every single edit you make can be stepped through in the history. Every. Single. Last. One.

Just checked out this video, really looking forward to the next version so much, have also been checking out your blog on up coming new features. 100% respect for creating such an amazing program to start with Rick :)

Edited by nitenurse79

Like ... "drag the mesh around to draw a picture of your favorite animal"

"no no no not like that, that's not a horse, that's Sarah Jessica Parker, be nice"

Like ... "drag the mesh around to draw a picture of your favorite animal"

"no no no not like that, that's not a horse, that's Sarah Jessica Parker, be nice"

Bit of humour to start the day - :)

Copy Merged...!? Finally we'll have this feature in PDN? Can't believe it.

So a "Select All" gets you a copy of a flattened image? Hope it is fast enough for many layers project.

Thanks Rick

Copy Merged...!? Finally we'll have this feature in PDN? Can't believe it.

So a "Select All" gets you a copy of a flattened image? Hope it is fast enough for many layers project.

Thanks Rick

Really??? I am stunned but very pleased!

Wow. Photobucket has gone all sleek and funky.

Very nice

Edit ... I'm not sure I like it. How to change settings for display options

Edited by welshblue

OK, so today while I was out buzzing around I picked up a copy of Windows 8 Pro. I haven't opened it yet as I'm not sure if it's where I want to go (I suppose eventually I'll have to, but I suspect it'll be awhile 'til MS no longer supports W7). The only reason why I picked up the CD today was because of the price. I figured at it's introductory price, it was better to grab it now than later when it's at full price.

So my question is: Has anyone else purchased it? If so, have you installed it and what is your overall opinion of it?