Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

I've been taking a break from working on PDN4 these last 2 weeks only to discover that I'm a big Diablo 3 nerd :)

Less nerding Mr. Brewster, more Pdn4'in :lol:

Nah. I had to take a break. I was hitting real burnout, which can be very unhealthy.

Very true, as a nurse I understand the need for a break of routine to some people, recharge the batteries and look at things with a fresh mindset :)

Rick is working hard on it. He posted this early this year (http://forums.getpai...post__p__366148) :)

Whether that will actually happen is not certain.

Well I'm not too pressed for it, just quite excited, things take time and Paint.net 4.0 is no exception. Keep up the good work Rick (don't work yourself too hard though :P)

Stopping by Website on a Busy Evening

Whose site this is I think I know.

I use a proxy server though;

He will not see me stopping here

To watch his page counter grow.

My colleague must think it queer

To stop working without a fear

Of my job being at stake

On the busiest evening of the year.

He gives my shoulder a shake

To ask if there is some mistake.

The only other sound's the beep

Of the error message from Make.

The web is lovely, dark and deep.

But I have promises to keep,

And lines to code before I sleep,

And lines to code before I sleep.

~BoltBait... and Robert Frost ;)

Regarding 4.0, here's something to look forward to: Move Selected Pixels with antialiasing. (technically it's "antialiased selection clipping", but whatever :)). Technically this isn't really a new announcement, but it's nice to be able to finally show it actually working (it took a lot longer than I expected!).

post-44714-0-97007500-1346561278_thumb.j

Another thing they seemed to fix up in Windows 8 is pasting a transparent PNG into Paint.NET works as expected. This alone was worth the upgrade. Of course, there is a serious Paint.NET bug that I want to report that I can't seem to figure out how to reproduce yet, but that is beside the point.

Of course, there is a serious Paint.NET bug that I want to report that I can't seem to figure out how to reproduce yet, but that is beside the point.

Huh? Define "serious" please

Huh? Define "serious" please

Every once in a while there comes a point in which I can't use any of the menus without Windows Explorer crashing, which in turn causes the menus to disappear. No file, edit, view, image, layers, adjustments, effects, utilities, window, or help until I restart my computer. This only occurs in Paint.NET. It has happened to me numerous times, but I cannot seem to find a cause for this or any way to reproduce it. I planned on posting about it on Tuesday if I couldn't resolve the issue, but I've let the cat out of the bag a little early.

On the brighter side, it's a lot of fun! How quickly can I navigate to Object -> Outline Object before Windows Explorer crashes? Can I really Isolate White / Black or will the crash get me? It's an excellent game.

Ok wait, you say Windows Explorer is crashing. That sounds like an issue that is external to Paint.NET, even if part of its effect is that weird stuff also happens to Paint.NET.

It might be external of Paint.NET, but no other open application is affected by it and it always happens while I am using Paint.NET. Do you have any idea as to what I might be able to do to try and find out what's causing this next time it occurs?

So I try to take part in any web competition/quiz that promises all sorts of prizes.

Today I received a call... the manager of a local bank telling me I won a freaking Nokia Lumia 900 :happeh: :happeh: :happeh:

So I ask a buddy to drive me there so I can get it even a lil bit quicker... couple pics with the manager by the bank staff and I walk off with my new preciousssss.... :devlish:

Congratulations! Lumias are really good-looking :)

I, on the other hand, am using an old NOKIA 3120 classic... It is nice and simple but I miss Internet in my pocket... the screen of my Samsung Wave blacked out for good.

Edited by Kemaru

Today I received a call... the manager of a local bank telling me I won a freaking Nokia Lumia 900 :happeh: :happeh: :happeh:

I'm quite jealous. I lost my Samsung Focus a couple months ago and I've been holding off on getting a new phone until WP8 is out. In the meantime, I'm using my mom's old Blackberry Curve. The screen is tiny, the keyboard is awful, the f key requires an inordinate amount of force to register, and the 0 key only works when it wants to.

Definitely getting a Lumia 920 when it comes out. I just wish it came in purple.

I have a serious bug: My pictures don't come out as nice as Welshblues. When you gonna fix that, huh? :lol:

:evillaugh:

Yeh right ...

• Upvote 1