Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

I'm a happy bunny.

I can get an upgrade to windows7 through my kids school for £38.49 :D

I know! Me too -- student accounts are so nice for software discounts. I got Win 7 Professional and Office 2010 for $20. Kind of ridiculous considering the average retail price!

I know! Me too -- student accounts are so nice for software discounts. I got Win 7 Professional and Office 2010 for $20. Kind of ridiculous considering the average retail price!

Damn.

I don't feel so happy now. I can get them both for £78.00 ($124)

Still a massive saving of £580, but a bitter sweet result after reading that =O

Yet another example of 'Rip-Off Britain' ?

Edited by welshblue

Damn.

I don't feel so happy now. I can get them both for £78.00 ($124)

Still a massive saving of £580, but a bitter sweet result after reading that =O

Yet another example of 'Rip-Off Britain' ?

Ah I'm sorry man! Didn't realize it would cause such feelings. My specific school campus was relatively close to Microsoft's main offices, in Washington state - so I assume it had something to do with such low prices :)

Ah I'm sorry man! Didn't realize it would cause such feelings. My specific school campus was relatively close to Microsoft's main offices, in Washington state - so I assume it had something to do with such low prices :)

:D

Not your fault mate.

I'm happy for those who can get things cheaper ... I'm not nearly as bitter and twisted as I come across :lol:;)

Plus I'm still making a huge saving so still happy for my wallet

Edited by welshblue

I picked up a copy of the new Sublime with Rome album today. Good stuff.

• Upvote 1

What is this? I come back after a long absence and they've added a reputation ranking system?

Why Did everyone hate on me then?

I did hammer you pretty hard with this one. There is quite a bit that has changed here in your absence just not as noticeable. Also, I probably didn't understand what you meant.

The reputation system, as I understand it, allows you to give a point to someone who makes a particular good comment or offers good advice, so the focus is on the content of the posting, rather than how much you like the poster.

This seems to be a pretty good thing if used sparingly & there is a limit to how many you can give out in one day.

We don't hate you. I most certainly don't & hold you in pretty high regard, so I am sorry for hammering you. BTW Welcome back!

• Upvote 1

The discussion on the subject can be found in this thread: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21889-rights-to-reply/

An' we don' hate ya! :heart:

Oh alright, I guess it has been a while :P

I did hammer you pretty hard with this one. There is quite a bit that has changed here in your absence just not as noticeable. Also, I probably didn't understand what you meant.

The reputation system, as I understand it, allows you to give a point to someone who makes a particular good comment or offers good advice, so the focus is on the content of the posting, rather than how much you like the poster.

This seems to be a pretty good thing if used sparingly & there is a limit to how many you can give out in one day.

We don't hate you. I most certainly don't & hold you in pretty high regard, so I am sorry for hammering you. BTW Welcome back!

Oh alright, I guess its not exactly the same concept, but I'm glad to see it has been implemented in some manner :)

"Men socialize by insulting each other, but they really don't mean it. Women socialize by complimenting each other, and they don't really mean it either."

;)

• Upvote 1

Hello PDN community! I've been away for a while, and it seems there's been a new rep system implemented in that time. I look forward to becoming more active again :)

"Men socialize by insulting each other, but they really don't mean it. Women socialize by complimenting each other, and they don't really mean it either."

;)

:lol::D

Nice to see you Kemaru ;)

;)

If that's true, then I must be doing something wrong. I have become increasingly anti-social in recent years. I much prefer reading to having conversations unless it involves sarcasm. Which by the way, I noticed your nose was tweaked the wrong way, and it reminds me of a troll that used to chase Star Bright.